Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • price drops – whats the gen on refunding the difference?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Booked some flights for September and now they’re a bit cheaper. Is the agent obliged to refund the difference if we ask for it? I only ask as the tripit app says it will track prices of your flight to see if they drop so that you can get a refund. Or is this just an American thing?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most likely not. You saw you booked and you paid.

If you buy something then see it on sale the following week do you ask for the difference?

Only option would be cancel and rebook?

logical
    Free Member

Mike is right.
    I bought an On-One 456 last year and the day after they were reduced.
    Them’s the breaks.
    But then again I pre-order GT5 with Amazon at £45 and when it was sent out they charged me £39.99 but then the price dropped to £34.99 and they refunded. But that’s Amazons policy. They don’t have to do that.

ski
    Free Member

I would be more worried if the price goes up and you refuse to pay the difference, then they kick you off the flight once you get to where you have paid up too!

😉

Rickos, see what the score is with a refund and rebook?

cp

WHAT? The price you agreed to pay is the price you were happy to pay and is the contract you entered into. Would you then pay more if the price went up after you purchased? Thought not….

nealglover
    Free Member

….Is the agent obliged to refund the difference if we ask for it?

No

You could ask them…….

But I suspect you may get………

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rickos – Member
    I only ask as the tripit app says it will track prices of your flight to see if they drop so that you can get a refund.

Sounds like you need to ask tripit app…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if you get anything back. It’ll ruin the entire flight selling structure if that’s true, unless TripIt are covering the difference.

see what the score is with a refund and rebook?

Most likely non-refundable flights to stop people doing this all the time…

Rickos
    Free Member

No point going for the Pro version of TripIt then!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘price drops – whats the gen on refunding the difference?’ is closed to new replies.