Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • pretty new front mech gone very stiff
  • tobysdad
    Free Member

Now then
    The front mech on my whyte 901 isn’t playing, it’s moving ever so slightly but nowhere near enough to shift properly, aside from the obivious clean up and spray wih wd40, is there anything else I should be looking at.
    thanks

druidh
    Free Member

Use a lubricant on it – i.e. NOT WD40

honourablegeorge

1×10

chrismac

My GF’s trek had an slx front mech that was so stiff she got a sore thumb shifting it. Took it back to the LBS we got it from and it was replaced under warranty as faulty it was so stiff.

njee20
    Free Member

Is that with the cable attached, or not? I’d be looking at the cable before the mech.

sandwicheater

Has it seen another mech it likes? Throw cold water on it, works for me.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shift into the granny and then see if it will move by hand. If its still stiff its likely to be the mech, if not it’ll be the cable / outer.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i had a problem with mechs with fullly sealed cables where the middle layer was bunching up. Check the cable has fully free movement and also check the bolts etc aren’t hitting anything when it swings.

shortcut

Check the cable, the mech and the shifter separately for effective operation. My money is on the cable, or having something jammed in the mech. Front mechs dont generally fail.

shortcut

Check the cable, the mech and the shifter separately for effective operation. My money is on the cable, or having something jammed in the mech. Front mechs dont generally fail.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘pretty new front mech gone very stiff’ is closed to new replies.