Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Press fit bb? reccomendations?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

After going through 2 XTR ones in the last year what else is left to try?
    Thanx,
    Max

mikewsmith
    Free Member

New hope one?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Oh,by the was gonna try the Hope but apparently won’t fit to Anthem X29!:(

rootes1

Oh,by the was gonna try the Hope but apparently won’t fit to Anthem X29!:(

really? reason?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bigger hammer?

cnud
    Free Member

Gusset make a decent PF30 for £35ish available from Bikescene

toppers3933
    Free Member

intrigued to know why hope wont fit?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Well,
    Someone posted on here a week or so ago and took an Anthem X29 into 18 bikes and was told it wouldn’t fit.
    They had to ring up Hope to confirm it.
    Apparently there is some ridge inside the shell so it will not line up.
    If anyone can confirm this I would be grateful.
    It would be my first choice.
    Thanx,
    Max

Gary_M
    Free Member

Chris king.

coatesy
    Free Member

Confirmed, a colleague had one in last week, there’s a gusset(for want of a better description) in the centre of the shell that prevents some BBs from being pressed fully home.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Ah,
    Forgot about Chris King.Bet its pricy though.
    I rang Hope up and they confirmed there’s a problem with the Anthem X29 and there pressfit bb.Trying to work round it so we should know in due course.No availability of that new XTR as yet so have ordered a Enduro pressfit bb from BETD so I will see how that fairs.Seems rather cheap at 30 quid but bearings are replaceable (bought some spare ones).Seems replaceable bearings are the order of the day which mite mean they wear out quickly? We shall see.At least I don’t have to buy the cups.
    Thanx,
    Max

DickBarton

The Hope one isn’t ready yet…my PF30 is well on the way out but Hope isn’t ready to sell to punters yet…about another 4 weeks apparently…so if anyone has them just now…how? (and how much?)

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I’am talking about BB92 pressfit which Hope make and are available (they just don’t fit Anthem X29).
    Hope don’t make one for BB30.
    Thanx,
    Max

rootes1

to be fair I have found on the anthem the BB71 / 91 does not quite fully push home flush on the drive side fraction under 1mm.. on my anthen the BB shell is not symetrical

TimCotic
    Free Member

My LBS is reccommending the Rotor – apparenetly they have on that accepts 24mm XT cranks straight off. Haven’t tried it myself as my planned Spearfish deal fell through.

(http://www.rotoruk.co.uk/PressFit.html)

DickBarton

Hope have pushed back on the PF BB for another month at least…

I’ve just installed a Wheels Manufacturing PF30..seems to be ok so far and very easy to install.

ucantbesirius
    Free Member

Just to say that my lbs (a Hope premier dealer) have tried fitting a UN71-41 equivalent Hope pressfit bb into my 2012 Trance frame – it definitely doesn’t fit. 🙁

The reason is that the bb shell has a smaller I/D (approx. 36.5mm) in the central part between where the cups are pressed in than the O/D (approx. 37.5mm) of the extended part of the non-driveside cup of the Hope bb. I’m guessing that the same applies to the Anthem frame as well.

The extended part of the non-driveside cup is the bit that the head of the threaded inner sleeve mates with (it passes through the non-driveside and threads into the driveside cup). Apparently Hope designed it this way so that they could use one inner sleeve design for MTB (89.5-92mm) and road (86mm) pressfit bb shell widths.

I’m going for the Rotor version instead, although it doesn’t have an inner sleeve.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Token..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Press fit bb? reccomendations?’ is closed to new replies.