Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Press fit BB longevity…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’ve not long had another BB fitted after about 10 months use, which i thought was okay, but now the latest one seems to be on the way out already, creaking, very slight play – they are shimano jobs pressed into my Carbon Cube 29er..

anyone making a near indestructible Press fit BB that I should know about, or are they all made of cheese?

stumpy01

Hope do one that I think you can replace the bearings of, so it’s a hefty initial price but then cheaper in bits when it comes to new bearing time.

LeeW

The Hope ones are for BB89/BB92 only as far as I know – more could be in the pipline though.

If it’s PF30/BB30 Chris King make a version. I’ve not read anything about their longevity though. Also, Praxis make a HT2 converter BB for PF/BB30 which I can vouch for.

Your choice depends on what BB shell you have?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s BB89/92 if it’s Shimano, in which case the Hope one may do. They’re all rubbish though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m 1250km into my bogo XT one in all conditions, nothing to worry about yet but when it does go I’ll get a hope one I think

philwarren11
    Free Member

3.5months on my SRAM PF30 before it died. Onto a FSA one now.

If that goes soon ill get a Wheels Manufacturing one.

Kryton57

philwarren11 – Member
    3.5months on my SRAM PF30 before it died. Onto a FSA one now.

I’m on FSA. My first (road bike) lasted six months, this one started clicking 2 weeks in. Been going 3 months so far, whoopee….

markrtw
    Free Member

My 1st lasted 12 months in all weather conditions with loads mud & wet riding. The 2nd has been going a year now with no issues, but the bikes been used less and in better conditions. I got my replacement from Rose as they were half the price of UK suppliers.

IanW
    Free Member

Bb30 road bike , three months , three thou k , drive side done.

May try to just replace that side.

robarnold
    Free Member

KIng are now making a Shimano PF version. I got an email from Aspre Veltech in the States about it last week.

Available now apparently

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Press fit BB longevity…’ is closed to new replies.