Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Present ideas…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Struggling, going to be seeing my sister and engaged boyfriend for the first time this christmas. We aren’t close, tend to see her ever couple of years, never meet the chap before. Struggling for ideas….thinking something like a hamper, but I’ve got no idea what food they like….and don’t want to spend much more than £50

Ideas? Can’t be the only one having to buy gifts for people they don’t really know!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Booze and chocolates.

ricky1
    Free Member

Maybe a portrait photo,think they are about £40,failing that have a look on groupon for a meal or something they could do together,.

ricky1
    Free Member

Or an ann summers voucher 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Portrait is a decent idea will look into it. Booze and chocolate is a fall back, though you can still go wrong there. Don’t know if she likes wine or spirits…

I can just imagine my mums face when my sister opens ann summers vouchers.

mattbee

Google a local tea shop (or somewhere nice near to them) and buy them a voucher for a high tea. Done that for 2 of my sisters and my brother in law over the past couple of years.
    Got the parents in law high tea at the Ritz which was a little more expensive but they loved it.

Cougar

TBH, if I didn’t know whether my own sister liked wine or not, I don’t think I’d be dropping fifty quid on a gift when I’d not seen her in years. I’d probably swing by Tesco for a £5 bouquet and a box of Quality Street. It’s an expensive enough time of year with people you are close to.

johndoh
    Free Member

TBH, if I didn’t know whether my own sister liked wine or not, I don’t think I’d be dropping fifty quid on a gift when I’d not seen her for a couple of years.

Has to be this.

yunki
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, I agree with the lads ^
    If you aren’t close to them then why bother ? If anything just pick up a nice slab of chocolate from hotel chocolate for a tenner.

ricky1
    Free Member

You have to consider the downfall of chocolate and booze,her fella might have had bad experiences with chocolate like he may have given it mistakenly to a former dog which may unfortunately have passed on due to the ingestion of it,or maybe he ate to much chocolate once and was very sick after it and now your shoving it in his face,and as for booze well it’s a minefield really,I can think of countless examples like he may have had to many beers the night before you visited and urinated in the wardrobe on all the clothes which would make it very uncomfortable for them both,or he may well be on the wagon and the bottle of wine/spirits could tip him over the edge into a pissed up frenzy for ever and a day……..just a thought.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Present ideas…’ is closed to new replies.