Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • prescription sunglasses/sports glasses?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

can anyone recomend any sports sunglasses that’ll take a high presecripton lens, and maybe even recomend an optician that can supply them?

unfortunatly oakley only go to -4 and i need a little more power than that.

was’nt there a company who quite a few folk recomended a while back, can’t find them via google?

cheers

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am currently wearing a pair from Optilabs. My prescription is quite weak, but I think they go higher.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of adidas sunglasses with a clip-in prescription lens – not sure what they go up to but google says the evil eye sunglasses can take -6

corroded
    Free Member

And the good thing is that even if you trash the sunglasses the expensive prescription part should be ok.

sofatester
    Free Member

Can you wear contacts?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i do wear contacts as well, but mainly specs these days. just would be nice if you could get spec frames fir higher prescriptions with the same technology as yer standard oakleys (i wear oakley rx frames, lovely looking but kin useless compared to my regular oakley suns).

optilabs was the one i was looking for, cheers.

aP
    Free Member

Rudy Project will glaze out beyond -10 (I’m -11) and adidas (which are actually silhouette) claim to go to -10.

marsdenman
    Free Member

corroded – do you have any problems with reflections between the two sets of lenses (clip in and sunglass)?
    I can’t wear contacts (eyes don’t get on with ’em) but I also had a problem once with a pair of std glasses with clip on sunnies – reflections between the two drove me to distraction…….

aP
    Free Member

Oh, for opticians – if in London then try Schuller in Lambs Conduit Street, as Erika there has a specific prescription sports range.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Optilabs for me, great service and hard wearing product.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘prescription sunglasses/sports glasses?’ is closed to new replies.