• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Prescription Sunglasses sorted!
  • LMT
    Free Member

Quite often the subject of prescription sunglasses comes up, well just wanted to praise the service of Rxsport.

I originally went to Vision Express and had my eye test ordered some Oakley Prescription normal glasses for driving etc.. Had a nosy at the sunglasses as my current ones are now useless. Got a quote for getting the lenses swapped, then I spotted some Oakley Squarewires in a grey, look great enquire about ordering these. The assistant in Vision Express made a call and came back saying they would be 12-16 weeks as Oakley have a backlog.

Went for a coffee and surfing the net I went to Rxsport found the glasses firstly £100 cheaper and with my lenses added, emailed them asking about time frame, got a reply would be 7 days thought its only sunglasses will give them ago. I ordered them on Wednesday and Saturday morning they arrived, I still haven’t got my normal glasses yet ive got the sunglasses vision express said would take 12-16 weeks to get.

Sum it up Rxsport great service and better contacts at Oakley than one of the biggest Glasses shops in the country. I would of got my normal glasses this way but if something went wrong its handy to have a high street store, as I can’t drive without them.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Are they genuine Oakley lenses. If so then a good deal! I usually get my Oakley ones from vision express because they do a third off for students.

But might try rx sorts now!

geoffj

Iirc Oakley will let 3rd parties glaze some of their frames and not others.

LMT
    Free Member

Genuine Oakley lenses in my rxsports sunglasses the lenses have the Oakley symbol and a certificate of proof, while my vision express normal glasses are being glazed by vision express.

Rxsport offer the choice on normal glasses for clear lenses by them which most glasses come in at £150-£200 and Oakley lenses which cost £300-£400.

hora
    Free Member

Ive just ordered Oakley Crosslink sweep (smoke) precription at 149 inc glare and tint/UV.

Good price??

Alex

I used RXSport for mine. The were great. First set scratched really easily even tho I was taking great care with them. They took them back and fitted new lenses. No problem since. Top service, good prices.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Sunglasses sorted!’ is closed to new replies.