Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prescription sunglasses
  • rjj
    Free Member

Looking for some new prescription sunglasses to wear on and off the bike(road mainly). Any one know of a cheapest place to get them or decent brand?

Cheers,

Richard

sweaman2
    Free Member

They aren’t cheap in anyway shape or form but I use Rudy project RX inserts on my cycling glasses. Love them. Can take the inserts out if I’m wearing contacts for the day but most of the time I now just wear the glasses with inserts.

TiRed

Rudy Rydons for the bike and the Rx insert is great. My prescription is too high for glazed sunglasses like Oakley. The photochromatic lenses are a bonus. I think you can add the insert to a few less “sport-orientated” designs too.

Off the bike. I wear Silhouette titanium with a green glaze.

skids
    Free Member

any opticians

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Best I have seen (as a non glasses wearer but the missus is) was the Adidas evil eyes with the optical inserts, you get all the lens choice but the expensive optical bit is protected.

footflaps

I’ve been using Optilabs for years, very good quality. My last set lasted 5 years of continual abuse biking and skiing until I snapped them in half by sitting on them in a bar whilst skiing this year.

mattbee

Personally, I had a pair of Oakleys that I’d had before I needed glasses. I sent them to Ciliary Blue & got a transitions lens fitted for £65. Has been great so far.

Pete
    Free Member

+1 for Optilabs.. Got some varifocals, That reminds me must get a new set after a prescription change..

globalti
    Free Member

Go to TK Max and buy cheap sunglasses, pop lenses out, get glazed by high street optician to your prescription.

I made these dull-weather riding glasses for £11.99 for the frames and £50 for the plastic lenses.

pingu66
    Free Member

Just ordered Oakley Racing Jackets with prescription lenses, ouch! I have non prescription Jawbones and they are the same, really good fit for me and I look slightly less like an imbecile than I do in other glasses but at a cost.

badllama
    Free Member

Have look in Asda some times have some decent stuff in 🙂

£70.00 if you have your prescription.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prescription sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.