Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Prescription riding glasses
  • wl
    Free Member

Struggling to find some glasses that third party companies can fit prescription lenses to. Which frames are people using? Trying to save some dosh and by not spending £300+ on Oakleys. Happy to buy the cheaper Oakley frames and have non-Oakley lenses fitted. Any recommendations? Ta v much.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Interested because I couldn’t find anything and ended up with (awesome) mega expensive Oakleys.

IHN

Ciliary Blue. Been a few threads about this sort of thing recently, and this is my answer every time.

ppapa
    Free Member

I am not sure if you need specific riding glasses, but I am using Oakley Crosslink glasses for everything, including riding, running, mountaineering and rock/ice climbing. They were around 200 pounds, IIRC.

They have seen some abuse and never failed. Well, I once fell off a steep (pretty much a roof) climbing route indoors, the rope hit my face and my glasses dropped nearly 100 feet. The arms of them are removable, so I just had to find them on the (rubber) floor. My mate thought that my glasses are broken, but I just popped the arms back in (no tools needed). That’s the only time when I dropped my glasses.

I probably wouldn’t pay so much for sports glasses, but given I use them all year round and needed new glasses, I am pretty happy with them.

mattbee

+1 to Ciliary Blue & pretty much any frames you choose, as long as there’s not too much of a curve to the lens.

Suggsey
    Free Member

RxSports for my glasses….Oakleys with prescription lenses at sensible prices or Optilabs if you want non Oakley but still with wrap around lenses.

wl
    Free Member

Thanks, but it’s not the third party I’m looking for, it’s the frames. Ciliary Blue can’t do any of the four I picked out. I’d like to use CB but I need to find frames they can work with.

Giallograle

Rudy Project do wraparound glasses with interchangeable lenses to which you can fit a prescription insert. I’ve had a pair for years and they’re great.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Just had Nike’s Rx Transition from Tesco for very reasonable price

skids
    Free Member

Selectspecs.com will do oakley sunglasses with there own lenses

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prescription riding glasses’ is closed to new replies.