Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Prescription Oakleys – moderately strong prescription and their new "Edge" lense
  • whatgoesup

I’m considering some riding glasses, and like the look of Flak Jacket XLJ’s, but was a little concerned with with moderately strong prescription lenses (-3.75) the edges can end very thick, or have a lot of distortion.

There are multiple older threads on prescription Oakleys, but I see that Osprey have their new “edge” lenses where it looks like they thin down the edges and then make the affected area opaque, albeit for quite a hefty premium.

Has anyone any experience or advice?

wolly
    Free Member

I looked at them recently and they just look like an ordinary lens with frosting at the edges. I had some jawbones with lenses from ciliary blue and they were awful like a fish bowl effect

m1kea
    Free Member

I’ve had some prescription XLJs for a while. Can’t remember my prescription but my normal glasses are quite slim. Doing a quick n dirty visual side by side, the Oakleys are probably 30% thicker at the edges?

Don’t forget that sports lenses wrap around the face more so you should expect this.

I got mine through http://www.rxsport.co.uk/

whatgoesup

Bump for the evening crowd

jimmon2008
    Free Member

I’ve had the xljs for a few yrs and always got them from extreme eyewear who’ve always been ace and the best price. My prescription is much less but they’ll let you know if yours is too great

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Oakleys – moderately strong prescription and their new "Edge" lense’ is closed to new replies.