Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Prescription Cycling Glasses
  • andiemox
    Free Member

I wanted to say a big thankyou to (cirlam) member. I was on the net looking for a reasonable priced pair of prescription cyling glasses. I found this posted on the forum from cirlam. They said I could buy a pair of glasses from chainreactioncycles.com that had a prescription insert, (bought them for £15). Also added I could get them glazed at (specsonthe net.com)I did this for £12. What a brilliant buy. Glasses are as stated not the most expensive looking but not bad and come in a case with 3 lenses and drawstring bag to keep them in.Brilliant, just want the weather to clear up now so I can try them out, thanks again to single track world, from Andrea

Lifer
    Free Member

What glasses are they? Interested in this

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Me too. What glasses did they re-glaze for you?

My prescription riding glasses disappeared into a fast-flowing stream at Coed-Y-Brenin recently…

z1ppy

They said I could buy a pair of glasses from chainreactioncycles.com that had a prescription insert, (bought them for £15). Also added I could get them glazed at (specsonthe net.com)I did this for £12.

What was glazed for £12? The insert or the glasses lenses?
    Have to say I found inserts to be a waste of time in anything but warm dry weather, steaming up or just getting 8 sides of the glasses wet, making it impossible to dry when your out in the wet.
    Either way though, this does sound like a bargain

rudedog
    Free Member

Hi – can you let us know which glasses you got? I’ve had a look at CRC and can’t seen any that come with a prescription insert for £15

thanks

andiemox
    Free Member

Hi All, sorry new to this and not sure how things work. The glasses I bought are called XLC BAHAMAS, looks like they are only available in silver now and they have gone up in price to £17.99 but I reckon still a good buy

andiemox
    Free Member

The glasses come with a small plastic frame that sits just behind the lenses which come in 3 colours. I sent the little plastic insert off to spesonthenet.com. These were very light and cost next to nothing to post. I had to also send off my prescription which I actually filled in online. They were returned within the week, free postage and cost just £12 for the basic distance prescription, hope this helps everyone, thanks

thebunk

Sounds interesting andie mox. Don’t suppose you could post some piccies of what they look like in the flesh could you? It’s hard to tell from the website.

Also, how well do they actually work?

Cheers,

thebunk

andiemox
    Free Member

null

Hope this works. Not really sure how well they work yet, only been a short ride with them on, will let you know, Andrea

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prescription Cycling Glasses’ is closed to new replies.