Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Preparing for a chilly day out with a glass of wine.
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

That got your attention didn’t it!

There’s something deeply satisfying about pottering around the house on a Friday night with a glass of something, preparing your bike and kit for a mini-epic the following morning.

Bike: Blue Pig (even did a quick oil change on the fork – before opening a bottle)

Kit: A full change of clothes for my upper half – base layer, fleece, gloves and a hat.

Plan: Surrey hills – first light, park near Wescott, ride the three hills, pies at Mrs Miggins’ in Peaslake, then home the same way.

Love a winter adventure!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maps + Radio 3 + beer = heaven

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Ah ha! The bar is raised by the humble map!

Over new year I was scrutinizing routes on such maps in a rented stone cottage, with a log burner on the edge of the Yorkshire moors. Beer featured too. Bliss!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Why are you taking a glass of wine for a day out? 😆

nedrapier

I have a similar plan! Well, it’s someone else’s plan and I’m not party to the details, but I think it’s something like that.

No wine for me yet, or any sign of me getting ready. Sofa’s comfy.

In a minute.

Edit. Reread, plans are not really much like yours at all! Riding there, certainly not at 1st light, doubt we’ll do 3 hills, might not even go through Peaslake. Have fun!

slowoldman

Maps + Radio 3 + beer = heaven

Are you listening to the Shos?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Photo’s tomorrow please. I knew I was lucky living there, miss it very much now I’m gone.

core

Bike in the living room so I could apply frame protection patches in the warm, chain oiled, car partially loaded, shoes airing by the fire. Mortimer forest in the morning. Find some snow Sunday on a natural xc ride I hope.

Failing that Sunday I’ll put the winter tyres on the rally car and definitely find some snow.

vickypea
    Free Member

Enjoy your ride. I’ve got a Blue Pig too
    🙂

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Just got back home. Think it was about 5-6hrs out there, but gps screen was too filthy to see and I was too tired to care. First half was a winter wonderland, with some sections of sheet ice to enjoy slipping around on. Surprisingly no crashes despite lots of wandering tyres.
    Lovely pie, cake and two cups of coffee in Peaslake then on the way home got in a race with a decent xc racer on summer lightning (sadly he whooped my ass), but it felt great to finish off with a proper ragging it session.
    Very muddy and rainy by the end, but a top day out. Never have a bad ride on those hillls.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Preparing for a chilly day out with a glass of wine.’ is closed to new replies.