Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Click here to feel old….
  • donks
    Free Member

Heave Charlie mouse…..

duffle
    Free Member

‘Alo little o’ld lady’
    I had a yawning bagpuss but failed to gain custody in the divorce 😥
    Abandoned the poor little fella..

duffle
    Free Member

So painful I typed it twice… 🙁

sparksmcguff

CFH my kids only get to watch carefully selected dvd’s (unless it’s my wife choosing them) – the first having been shown Ivor initially followed by Bagpuss. She loves to draw and does fantastic little carton strips.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Smallfilms were just brilliant and the best bit is Bagpuss can’t be aaccused of noncing unlike the rest of my childhood celebs.

Bagpuss Bagpuss
    old fat furry catpuss
    wake up and look
    at this thing that I bring
    wake up, be bright, be golden and light
    bagpuss o hear what I sing

Funny what you remember all your life.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Bagpuss was after my time. Pogles Wood is where it’s at. (Also Smallfims)

bencooper
    Free Member

In the lands of the North, where the black rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long, the men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale of Noggin the Nog.

Still gives me shivers.

funkmasterp

Mooncat, choc-a-bloc, Button Moon and the Moomins (the proper one, none of that cartoon nonsense) make up some of my earliest and most treasured TV memories. My old Lab had a B’Puss toy from when he was a pup and it remained in pristine condition until he died. That dog had impeccable taste in toys 🙂

RustySpanner

Oliver Postgate’s voice comes on the telly and immediately I’m a kid again.
    Happy days.

Derek Griffiths too, can’t help smiling when he’s on.

TiRed

Made in the garage, weren’t they? And the B&W photo is Peter Firmin’s daughter Emily I believe, outside their house. Classic children’s TV and I made sure my children watched them too.

But Ivor the Engine was genius.

mintimperial

Clangers! When we were weaning my son the only thing that could get him to focus for long enough to get a decent feed inside him was Clangers, otherwise he got bored and then stroppy. Thank **** for Clangers. I could probably still recite it end-to-end with a bit of prompting, we wore out the Season 1 DVD completely…

A mate of mine interviewed Oliver Postgate once. He said it was like talking to God, because his voice had been such a distinctive and fundamental part of his early childhood.

seadog101

Slightly mean looking version lives here…

Untitled by Matt1833, on Flickr

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Click here to feel old….’ is closed to new replies.