Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • "Prepare to die" Ronnie Pickering to the max
  • DezB
    Free Member

“prepare to die”

Funny how this is one of those ‘quotes’ that everyone gets wrong already!

sirromj

And as I said, sad state of affairs for that to be funny. I found it uncomfortable,

Hmmmyes. I did a half-assed laugh type thing because I thought I was supposed to find it funny but couldn’t really be assed to watch it. As for that ‘5 best dad rage moments’ on vice.com wtf. It’s a two minute video. @!*% off.

Cougar

Two things here:

1) I’m ten stone wet through and couldn’t fight my way out of a paper bag, the reason I’ve lived so long is because as a kid I could do a standing 40 yards faster than anyone else I’d ever met. But at the point in the video where Angry Man starts manhandling our Horace to put his hands on the car, if that was me I’d have launched the fecker. (And then probably got a kicking, but hey.)

2) Stood outside a car with a man issuing death threats, if my wife had locked the car door and refused me entry back into safety / possible escape from the situation, it might’ve ended in divorce.

jimjam
    Free Member

convert

Might turn out millions are having a good laugh and generating memes about an ill person.

bearnecessities
    Doesn’t matter how bizarre his words may be, or how amazingly manly you’d be in that situation, it’s a shit thing to watch.

And as I said, sad state of affairs for that to be funny. I found it uncomfortable, retrospectively or otherwise, but then I’m not awesome on the internet.

With enough medical knowledge and a sufficient amount of analysis you can explain or construe almost any mistake, stumble, stutter, mis-step, malapropism or misdeed as being a symptom of some ailment or other, physical or mental. But then life wouldn’t be very funny would it.

Take Ronnie Pickering. (yes who)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dcv6GKNNw[/video]

He’s just a horrible road rage bully right? He’s obviously stupid too, you can tell by his accent and his actions. But then consider that Ronnie Pickering tells us he is a fighter. It’s entirely possible that he has suffered repeated head trauma and has CTE which can lead to aggressive and unprovoked violent outbursts. How funny is he now? Ronnie Pickering is a tragic figure who, rather than being a stupid violent **** is a tragic figure embodying all of human frailties. And a ****

No doubt Fergus Beeley will release a statement citing stress/marital difficulties/alcoholism/whatever because it’s the norm now to blame your behaviour on external forces rather than take ownership of your own horrible actions.

It’s possible he has some kind of medical issue but it’s far more likely he just engaged in the kind of road rage rant that STW members post threads about on an almost daily basis.

His fame, and his status along with a HUGELY misplaced sense of importance have conspired to make a fool out of him. It’s only natural to laugh.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Irish nationalist in attempted UK car park coup. How long before the bombing starts again 😉

Cougar

jimjam > I totally get behind what you’re saying, that there’s some sort of mental issue in both cases and they’re to be sympathised with, that they need help and support.

Nonetheless, mitigating circumstances aside they’re both aggressive bullies, and their victims need support first.

I can’t help but think this is the uncontrolled dog thread all over again. Somewhere, Ronnie Pickering’s wife is going “yeah, he doesn’t like bicycles, he always does that.”

MrSmith
    Free Member

that they need help and support

In taking ownership of the blame for their actions.
    It’s always somebody else’s problem or fault.

JImjam is on the money and my new media analysis hero

theotherjonv

If I was with my family and that happened I’d like to think I’d just get back in my car and drive off.

But you can’t. You’re under a citizen’s arrest.

As is your wife.

And I’ll tell you what – so’s your son too.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

jimjam > I totally get behind what you’re saying, that there’s some sort of mental issue in both cases and they’re to be sympathised with, that they need help and support.

Nonetheless, mitigating circumstances aside they’re both aggressive bullies, and their victims need support first.

That is my point Cougar – that they are both aggressive bullies first and foremost but you can explain away anything with enough media savy, or press conferences or personal problems. I was just looking at some possible medical reason not laugh at the absurdness of Ronnie Pickering and it was pretty easy to make up. Possibly true but doesn’t negate the fact he’s an arse.

I would feel a twinge of guilt if it emerges Mr Beely is genuinely unwell but even then, his actions are still blackly comic and absurd.

wwaswas

his actions are still blackly comic and absurd.

for me this.

I assumed he was mentally ill when I first saw it and before he’d been identified (although his identity is largely irrelevant beyond giving people further cause to scoff at the posh bloke losing his rag).

Bu and I think this is key one of the things that we all use as a defence is to laugh at things that touch us emotionally. We do it on here all the time – Bloke suffers some horrendous injury and everyone asks how the bike is. We deflect because if we felt every hurt, every mental issue we wouldn’t be able to cope.

So, yes the video is funny because it’s a bloke going ballistic but with some well chosen phrasing that makes it easy to mock. But it’s also sad because no one would should be on the receiving end of that in a supermarket car park, no one shoudl end up where they either feel that behaving like that is in any way a reaction to a minor incident and if the bloke has mental health issues then he needs help.

In the end I watched it once, laughed at appropriate points and then felt sorry for all concerned so have decided not to watch it again.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Late to the party, but yes that’s Hedge End Sainsbury’s for sure.

Fergus needs professional help, you can’t go around threatening to kill people’s kids because they pulled a dodgy lane change maneuver.

sirromj

The difference between Ronnie Pickering and Fergus Beeley is the guy on the moped had a sense of humour. None of the others do. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘"Prepare to die" Ronnie Pickering to the max’ is closed to new replies.