Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Premium Rush – Bike Messenger Movie
  • thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

saw this yesterday, must say it was a great film. Lots of bike chases and good action!! Brakes are death – haha 🙂

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

heres the trailer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_s9EvacnVc[/video]

fasthaggis

Going to see it tomorrow 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Action scenes look good, if a bit ridiculous.

Let’s hope it doesn’t create too many new fakengers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yay! Another film portraying cyclists in cities as ****. Just what we need!

Oh, and it looks utter bobbins to me. Especially as the bullhorned barred fixie becomes a wide riser barred trials HT. That really annoys me. 🙂

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

those scenes are separated in the full film, supposed to be different bikes. there are however plenty of other continuity errors throughout! it’s really pretty awful.

was kind of surprised at how much it promoted shit riding, though it would be a pretty crap film (or crapper, anyway) if it didn’t.

they all wear helmets too, weird.

zerocool

I believe Danny MacAskill did quite a few of the stunts in the movie

DrP

And I think Mr Nutt did the scene where he stood around in his sisters jeans, sipping eXpresso and flicking his fakenger hair…..

DrP

samuri
    Free Member

Jeez fellas. It’s a film about bikes aimed at mainstream audiences. It’s a massively ace thing. Nobody starts notching up the bad driving points in all the millions of car chase movies out there, it’s just entertainment.

It looks absolutely ace to me because I like bikes and I like riding them and I like watching them being ridden. YMMV.

somafunk

Diss away peeps but I’d rather watch this than 99% of the usual hollywood bile, so what if the continuity is a bit suspect, or the fixie rider turns into a trials rider and drops 10ft to flat on a bike with skinny 100psi tyres and 20cm bars….it’s a film, possibly rather entertaining and after i watch it (dvd or itunes i guess – not been to cinema for 10odd years) i’ll probably go for a cycle on my self built ss mtb-cum-road bike and pretend it’s a fixie by not coasting anywhere as my mahoosive empty crumpler bag that i’ve never used coz it’s the most impractical useless thing ever invented for carrying owt slides round my back again, whilst my freakin tight skinny ripped black jeans last worn 25yrs ago cause my bollocks to retreat to my armpits meanwhile my converse hightops flip-flopp away on the pedals all the time talking into my jabba headset bout non-existantant parcels to collect and deliver from one end of my tiny galloway rural town to the other end…all 600 yards of it.

Living the dream eh?….living the dream………..

fasthaggis

Tru dat ^^

🙂

racefaceec90

bah this is nothing like streetwise 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Saw it last night – me and the wife and two other people in the (small) Cinema – and that was on an ‘Orange Wednesday’ when the cinema is a bit busier than usual.

First POV shot where he was looking down at his front wheel and I was thinking “Is that a Thompson stem”!

Wife says I now owe her 5 movies of her choice, but I thought it was entertaining, although most of the riding was a not something to be admired.

Without a front brake he would be risking a lawsuit with each accident, fixed wheel counts as a rear brake but I believe you still need a front brake to be lawful – there was a court case over it and the cyclist lost I think.

Plus he must go through tyres at a rate.

And why couldn’t he get a matching front fork when he replaced it?

What tyres for braking by powersliding?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Premium Rush – Bike Messenger Movie’ is closed to new replies.