Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Premiership predictions
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t see past Chelsea this year, they’ve really bought well and mourinho just knows how to grind out a result. I can see them winning it with a few to spare. A proper coup getting rif of Luiz, especially for silly money.

Followed by

City
    LFC (provided we buy a decent striker, otherwise we may struggle to get 4th)
    Utd

portlyone

Don’t think LFC will make it, I agree with G Neville, think they played at 100% last year and won’t be able to repeat it.

Chelsea/City to win. Chelsea, City, Utd and Arsenal top 4 (not in order)

warton
    Free Member

Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man U

Sunderland to be relegated – they’ve done their usual spend 25 million on two average players trick…

Newcastle to be mid table, again.

theotherjonv

Can’t see Liverpool being contenders without Suarez – they need a convincing alternative, but one that can play with Sturridge as well, which is where SaS were so good last year. <Lord Scrumptious voice> Had their chance, muffed it.

I reckon it’s between Chelski and Man City. While Mourinho raises the temperature of my piss to well above boiling, he is brilliant at what he does, and in a way I’m warming to him because i think it’s actually an act. That said, Pelligrini is no mug either. And the bloke across town – don’t write them off, despite being in rebuild, he knows what’s what too.

In all this, I feel sorry for Arsene Wenger. Arsenal have improved immeasurably IMHO in the last 3 years, but everyone else has too, so they’re still also rans against these illustrious 3, and will be fighting (and probably beating) Liverpool to 4th.

I hope I’m wrong and someone can break the stranglehold of these 3, who’ve won the Premiership combined for the last 10 years. If not, i hope it’s a close fight between these 3.

theotherjonv

For relegation.

While Sunderland’s transfer activity has been bewildering, it’s like two hunters in the jungle when a lion jumps out, and one puts on his trainers. ‘You can’t outrun a lion!’ ‘No, but I can outrun you’

I suspect they’ll be terrible but there’ll still be at least 3 worse. Eyes of course on the new boys; Southampton have two great goalies and little else (even if they play them both at the same time they’ll still struggle), Palace will be found out this year…….

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’ve done this as part of the other threads, no ?

Chelsea, City, Arsenal in that order

4th place is a scrap between Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Man Utd. I’d say it would be Liverpool’s place but I think the CL will be a big drag on them as they will be desperate to do well as it’s Gerrard’s last chance for a major trophy.

I wouldn’t listen too much to Neville speaking about Liverpool, he’s still playing to the ManU crowd. The hype around Van Gaal is quite incredible, ManU’s squad is still broken, their biggest advantage is no CL this year.

Junkyard
    Free Member

chelsea [ Borinho]
    Man U[ i am hopelessly optimistic]
    Arsenal[ winter hurts them]
    City [ yaya gets injured]

Liverpool hurt by Europe

i think it will be a very close season this time and I think [ depending on winter/injuries] there is not much between the top 3 [ Man U asside – that is fan vision]

Pool will be hurt by Europe and Suarez.
    they let in to many goals to be serious and will get hurt by this

DenDennis
    Free Member

predictions above probably sensible, but dont forget the impact injuries can have.
    Where are Chelsea if Costa gets injured?

Citeh have a squad with a few striker options……

TPTcruiser

Seven teams scrapping out for the top spot. Though Everton may not be as good as we expect. Chelsea will win this mini league, but may not be champions.
    Thirteen teams scrapping it out for survival, any of them to go down; a lot of mediocre managers and chairmen and players in the incumbents and QPR.
    Leicester and Burnley to be the wild cards to do the unexpected.

lunge

Chelsea will win it, City will be second and push them close. I think there is then a gap down to Arsenal for 3rd then Utd for 4th. Liverpool will struggle as (as has been mentioned above), they have lost their best striker and concede too many goals to be up there. In fact, I would hazard a guess that Everton will finish above them.

Villa will go down (and I’m a Villa fan), they have not improved and they were lucky last season. I’ll say Burnley and QPR will join them.

MSP

City looked well off the pace in the charity shield, they were a weakened side, but then so were Arsenal although probably to a lesser degree. But city looked sluggish and uninterested, they can’t start the season like that because I don’t see Chelsea dropping many points, I don’t think Chelsea are going to blow many teams away but they won’t make many mistakes.

Unfortunately I think Chelsea will win it, unless city get off to a flyer, city seems a team who needs the confidence from a few good wins to play at their best, where as Chelsea seem to have some steel no matter what, much like utd did for most of AF’s reign.

United haven’t made any really significant signings yet, good players but not world beaters. I don’t see them challenging the top three, and will just be in a battle for fourth. Too much hype around the new manager, not backed up by any real improvements in the squad so far, which IMO will create fragility when it starts to go wrong.

1st Chelsea
    2nd City
    3rd Arsenal (but I really think those first 3 places could swap around)
    <points gap>
    4th Liverpool probably, maybe Tottenham, both have managers with a similar ethos, may come down to who goes furthest in Europe hampering their PL season.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Arsenal
    Man City
    Man U
    Chelsea

Burnley, Villa and Wham for the drop.

theotherjonv

Burnley, Villa and Wham for the drop.

Is that a genuine prediction or do you just dislike claret and blue?

muggomagic

Don’t forget Man U (currently) have a choice of Jones, Smalling and Evans at the back. They may be better organised this season, but unless they get another 3 or 4 players I’d be surprised if they make the top four.
    I’m going for the following, but a few more signings could change things.

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    City
    Liverpool

Bottom 3
    Swansea
    Sunderland
    Burnley

Jamie
    Free Member

Haven’t we already done this?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/premier-league-predictions

Anyway, LFC 3rd? Just cannot see it.

chewkw
    Free Member

GeordieLand Utd – 7th or 8th.

😆

edit: someone is still paying silly money to watch rich boys kicking a ball.

freddyg
    Free Member

warton – Member
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man U

Sunderland to be relegated – they’ve done their usual spend 25 million on two average players trick…

Newcastle to be mid table, again.

Hmmm. Not sure where you get the £25 million from for S’lands spending. The players they’ve brought in are:

Jordi Gomez (free)
    Billy Jones (free)
    Costel Pantilimon (free)
    Jack Rodwell (8 to 10m)
    Patrick van Aanholt (3m)
    Santiago Vergini (loan)

I think they’ll do okay this season. They’ve got a good manager who has had a pre-season with his players rather than clearing up the mess left by the previous resident looney.

botanybay
    Free Member

As long as qpr get relegated, I’ll be happy.

The look on Rio’s face will be worth it.

Caher

Arsenal
    City
    Chelsea
    Manu

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t care who wins it just want Swansea to do better than last year but I am afraid very afraid 😡

scandal42
    Free Member

For the drop

West Brom
    Burnley
    Villa

This changes every 10-15 minutes in my small mind

binners

Here we go then!!! Any more predictions?

United top of the table in 2 hours time 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

United top of the table in 2 hours time

Well, I guess M comes before S. So after your draw, you will be top.

#banterz

binners

Burnley on top by Monday though. After whooping Chelsea 7-0!

allthepies
    Free Member

For the only time this season 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

*cough*

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 best get when the get tongs good

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Gaallish start to the season by man utd

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bookmarks post

loum
    Free Member

United top bottom of the table in 2 hours time

binners

The Swansea fans singing “you’re getting sacked in the morning” was actually quite funny! 😆

Nani’s on! Christ! It’s desperate!

Junkyard
    Free Member

HAHA – ish

Jamie
    Free Member

Jokes on you!

loum
    Free Member

Rooney saving the new fella’s job for him.

keng38
    Free Member

Binners.
    Burnley will be 2-0 up by 30 mins in.
    Then it’s down to the defence.
    Could end up 2-0 or 2-5

Jamie
    Free Member

*clears throat*

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

#vangaalout

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Oh FFS. Nani and Fellaini to the rescue.

Gary_C

As long as the Dingles get relegated I don’t care about owt else…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Premiership predictions’ is closed to new replies.