Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Premier users
  • Houns

I eventually got round to subscribing a couple of weeks ago mainly to get the mag delivered (and to help support the mag).
    I have to say i was expecting a little more content from the Premier News and Reviews – Last review was Dec 15th and the last News story was from March 19th!
    It does seem to me that it was launched/sold with a big bang which has now fizzled out – I was hoping for a lot more stuff, especially from Sea Otter etc.
    So far i'm underwhelmed, i kinda wish i'd have just gone for the print subscription instead of the full monty, anyone else feel the same?

(oh and to add a positive note i do like the Mag archive!)

ton

agree houns………..premier thing is shyte.
    good robbery marketing tho i suppose…….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

premier who?

darrell
    Free Member

suckers

Jamie
    Free Member

….but you get that lovely next to your name. That alone must be worth the extra?

ton

no, not at all
    suckers…………..yes. 8)

Houns

Think suckers is a bit strong, if i'd have had a preview before i signed up then yes i think i may have gone for a different level of subscription

Jamie
    Free Member

Thank you for providing me with a preview Houns 😉

ski
    Free Member

All we can hope is that it will get better.

jon1973
    Free Member

Less £1 a month extra, effectively to view / download the back catalogue isn't too bad in my opinion. Other premium content is just a bonus.

wwaswas

I took the view that the extra £1/month pays for me to use the forum and classifieds…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends what youre looking for i suppose, but im glad i didnt jump in.

muggomagic

I'm on the 3 month free trial that I got with last months mag.

I would probably buy the full monty when the trial finishes as I think the mag archive is well worth the extra above the print sub cost.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I always think that ultimately the only two things I buy mags for is route reviews (for the maps) and product reviews, and I often find product reviews are questionable and route reviews depend on the person reviewing them, so at the end of the day the only thing I'd pay for is routes. If there were an option for GPS'd route reviews only I'd consider it, but the rest of the mag is a waste for me. OTher than for routes, archives are a bit pointless IMO – products change, routes change so the reviews do too and I have absolutely no interest in gossip/race results/waffle.

BigJohn

I'd been thinking that the Premier thing had got forgotten about, but hadn't wanted to post because I thought I'd be banned.

But that wouldn't be a bad thing because this forum must have cost me 2 jobs and hundreds of thousands in lost earnings over the years.

nbt

coffeeking – Member

I always think that ultimately the only two things I buy mags for is route reviews (for the maps) and product reviews, and I often find product reviews are questionable and route reviews depend on the person reviewing them, so at the end of the day the only thing I'd pay for is routes. If there were an option for GPS'd route reviews only I'd consider it, but the rest of the mag is a waste for me. OTher than for routes, archives are a bit pointless IMO – products change, routes change so the reviews do too and I have absolutely no interest in gossip/race results/waffle.

Odd, I find the routes interesting but have no interest in reviews at all – the only thing that interests me in a magazine are the articles, hence at the moment my favourite magazine is The Ride Journal

coffeeking
    Free Member

Horses for courses. I dont care about ride journals – someone elses enjoyment is of no interest to me lol

Mark

The Premier side of the site hasn't been forgotten about I can promise you. There's lots in the pipeline and the Premier aspect of being a subscriber will encompass much more than just the mag archive, although as has been mentioned the really small amount of outlay in money for access to what is growing into a huge library of back issues is something many are more than happy with.

Don't forget that Premier users also get to reduce the ad load on the pages of this website considerably and all premier users can access the cheaper deals we have available in our own shop and with our premier partners.

Granted that doesn't yet make it a universal option for everyone but we are working on making it not only great value for money but also with as wide an appeal as possible. The GPS routes idea is something we are working on. Making the maps of all our issues route guides available is also coming up soon.

So, sorry not a lot seems to have happened in the last month but rest assured we are working on it and that will change 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

The GPS routes idea is something we are working on. Making the maps of all our issues route guides available is also coming up soon.

When this happens I'll definitely give it a whirl.

binners

Is there a magazine?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not much has changed since I last asked then.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/premier-content

Chances of me renewing my subs are currently almost zero, sadly.

Mark

I'd also like to point out that becoming premier is a free upgrade to existing subscribers. You just have to be registered on here and then let us know by emailing subs@singletrackworld.com. Include your subscription number if you have it or your full delivery address for your mag if you don't.

Effectively the entire mag archive that currently contains around 5 years worth of mags including the latest issues can be accessed for just £15 a year. As each issue gets added that makes the value better and better. Those features in their own right are pretty fantastic value for money we think.

If the list of features doesn't yet encompass what you would like to see before you sign up then keep letting us know and we'll keep working on it 🙂

If anyone knows of any other magazines that provide more content than we do then I'd love to hear about them so we can see what more we can have a go at doing.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

If you could get naked women to come round and clean my bikes, I'd sign up…

Mark

…naked…women…. Yup.. Ok.. That's on the list. 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And I'll sign up if you make chipps give that old lady her pension book back…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Premier users’ is closed to new replies.