• This topic has 30 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mauja.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Premier Inn Pedal Squad
  • Caher

Just saw an excellent advert with MTB folk, for the Premier Inn, where they all rides bikes and stuff and shower and stay at the Inn afterwards. Does that mean I can bring my bike and they have a place for it or did the actors have some giant Camper Van for the bikes?

martinhutch

I’ve used a few Premier Inns when on biking trips and they’ve been fine about me bringing a cleanish bike into the room. I tend to bring a blanket or two to sit them on, and would find a jetwash somewhere if the bike was utterly filthy.

nbt

Certainly i’ve been fine taking road bikes – even the tandem – into Premier Inn / Holiday Inn / Jury’s Inn hotels whenever I’ve stayed. If it was a minging muddy MTB they may ask you clean it perhaps or use something to prevent the carpets getting full of mud, but as long as you are careful I can;t see why not

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timidwheeler
    Free Member

Premier Inn have a clear bike policy.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/bike-friendly.html

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, Premier Inn are the MTBers friend, cheap, clean and comfortable and they’ll let you bring your bike in, they don’t even mind you squeezing into the lift with them 😉

So there oh cynical OP, they’re great for the “pedal squad”.

gwaelod
    Free Member

They’ve always found a place for our lot and 4/5 mtb when we’ve stayed with them..either a conference room, laundry store or somewhere. Genuinely pleasant experience staying at Premier Inn

Caher

I was not being cynical I genuinely have a reason why this might be good for me as I tend to travel to meet up for rides and do not want to risk leaving the bike in the car.

firestarter
    Free Member

Definitely worth knowing thanks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve never had problems with holiday inn express either.

Usually stop at a petrol station and use the jet wash (on the soapy/low pressure setting and stood a long way away to rinse) if its got mud on it.

belugabob
    Free Member

Have used Premier Inn for several multi-day road/bridleway tours, and staff have never batted an eyelid, when we checked in – holding our bikes.

Definitely recommend them.

Planning another trip for this year.

Kryton57

I’ve used a few Premier Inns when on biking trips and they’ve been fine about me bringing a cleanish bike into the room. I tend to bring a blanket or two to sit them on, and would find a jetwash somewhere if the bike was utterly filthy.

Exactly this for me. I make a point of carry it with the wheels of the floor even if clean as a sign of being respectful.

I did however get stopped at reception once and told I couldn’t take my box of pizza hut goodies to the room. Odd.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

All we ask is you walk your bike around the hotel

😥 No Premier inn corridor KOM’s to be had then 😆

I usually take the mountain bike if I’m away working somewhere and didn’t know about their bike policy until the receptionist told me I could put it in the room when I was staying at the Cockermouth Premier inn.

I’d imagine been bike friendly like that gets them a bit of extra business.

rene59
    Free Member

If you left your bike in the room and went out for a meal and it got stolen, would they cough up the money for a replacement?

belugabob
    Free Member

If you left your bike in the room and went out for a meal and it got stolen, would they cough up the money for a replacement?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have some kind of disclaimer, but this is what insurance is for – just check that the insurance company doesn’t have similar disclaimers.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’ve used Premier Inns for a number of years on touring holidays. Never had a problem and even been offered ground floor rooms when I’ve checked in. Just tried to be respectful as others have said when it comes to having the bike fairly clean when I land – borrowed paper towels from petrol station pumps before now…

PrinceJohn

I’ve always found Travelodge to have pretty good bike storage facilities…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You pay them for a hotel room, not travel insurance.

molgrips
    Free Member

Stayed in many many hotels with work, from Holiday Inn Express to luxury boutique places. Taken my bike into most of them, only once did someone stop me and that was some teenage kid behind the desk in a really crap family run place. Hotel chains know which side their bread is buttered, so they don’t care. Or if they do they don’t let it show.

I try not to take the piss with muddy bikes, but sometimes they go in with a bit of mud. I’ve cleaned a couple in the shower though, that is really hard work. Usually a dirtworker in the car boot does the job if I have the car.

Some places offer to keep it in storage because they are concerned I don’t want it in my room, and one of the posh places insisted on putting it in storage for me, but only one time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mate picked up one of these
    https://www.evocsports.com/products/bags/bike-cover
    and I’d probably do the same or make something up, at the moment I just use the evoc bike bag with the bars poking out the corner. As somebody said up there hotels know what is what and really don’t care unless you’re making a complete mess which is just being rude really.
    Normally just check in with a case and then get the bike anyway, fairly sure at one point there were a couple of holiday inn’s I could probably have just ridden into through the front door.

zilog6128

I’ve always found Travelodge to have pretty good bike storage facilities…

the chap on the desk at the Merthyr Travelodge (near BPW) told me I was welcome to take my bike into my room. I hadn’t even mentioned I had one, he just assumed lol

mandog

mikewsmith – Member
    Mate picked up one of these
    https://www.evocsports.com/products/bags/bike-cover
    and I’d probably do the same or make something up, at the moment I just use the evoc bike bag with the bars poking out the corner. As somebody said up there hotels know what is what and really don’t care unless you’re making a complete mess which is just being rude really.
    Normally just check in with a case and then get the bike anyway, fairly sure at one point there were a couple of holiday inn’s I could probably have just ridden into through the front door

I’ve got one of these for the van and I recommend it. I’ve also got a Velosoc which is good but prefer the Evoc as it covers more and is more versatile.

superfli
    Free Member

I once packed too light in the mid summer for a ride at Afan and bpw. I chucked it down, I was soaked and muddy. Premier inn, Aberdare very kindly offered to wash and dry my clothes! At no cost. They get my vote everytime. Love “Le premier inn” 🙂

tripsterpete
    Free Member

Both Travelodge and premier inn have all been bike friendly to me and friends.

If you are polite and friendly to the staff of course!!!

white101

I travel all over with work, always with the bike and have left it in storage rooms at Holiday Inn in Glasgow City centre, quite a few Premier Inns, in fact I am in Wolves Premier Inn this week and will have the cx bike for some towpath action, never had a problem always been spot on.

fancypants
    Free Member

Premier inn have always been very cool when I’ve taken bikes into my room. Village Inns wanted me to leave it in reception where they ‘would keep an eye on it’. Err no thanks.

cookeaa

the chap on the desk at the Merthyr Travelodge (near BPW) told me I was welcome to take my bike into my room. I hadn’t even mentioned I had one, he just assumed lol

When he said “bike” are you certain he meant a bicycle?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Disney Hotel in Paris let me down baldy, actually asked and confirmed secure bike storage before we booked, arrived only to be told ‘Non’ with a typically Parisian shrug. Locked it on the rear mounted bike carrier and reversed into one of their hedges.

tewit
    Free Member

I didn’t know this. What a very refreshing thing to read rather than the usual stories where we treated like scum.

windyg
    Free Member

This is good to know I was going to ring Premier Inn to see if they allowed bikes in rooms.

tthew

I stayed in one of the Maidstone Premier Inn’s on a work trip once. Went for a ride along the part of the South Down’s (I think) after work on a truly minging evening. Left the bike locked in the car, but the face of the girl on the desk as I tramped through the reception was priceless.

Only bit of me that wasn’t totally plastered in brown mud was my feet as I was carrying my shoes and socks. 😀

So yeah, they are pretty accommodating.

mauja
    Free Member

I’ve taken mine in loads and only ever had one issue where the receptionist at the Plymouth Premier Inn said their policy was no bikes in rooms.

They did offer to put it in a storage cupboard but I wasn’t really keen on that as I’d have no idea who else would have access to that storage cupboard and they don’t accept responsibility for it whilst in their care so I rather have it in the room where I can see it.

I did query it with Premier Inn customer service afterwards and they said bikes in rooms are fine and sent me a voucher to say sorry.

A few Travelodges I’ve stayed in have said in future call ahead and they’ll try and allocate a ground floor room to make it easier than taking a bike upstairs.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Premier Inn Pedal Squad’ is closed to new replies.