Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • predictions for this winter?
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

another snow-fest or nowt to report?

ton

i predict that i am and will be clad in merino undergarments from 1 week ago until the 1st of april……….. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

WE will have lots of weather. It will vary.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t care, I’ll be hibernating.

nasher
    Free Member

Tthere is now snow on the ligurian and maritime alps now, and some german guests have reported lots of snow coming down in parts of Bavaria.

Everybody has been saying its gonna be like the last 2 years….so get yer ski’s out!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Everybody has been saying its gonna be like the last 2 years….so get yer ski’s out!!!

Bollox, I’m moving further south… 😐

stuartie_c
    Free Member

According to the rowan berry density in my back garden, it will be a wet, mild winter.

Last year it predicted a cold, snowy winter.

It’s all true.

elaineanne
    Free Member

weve already had sprinklings of the white stuff(hailstones, so thats a good forcast for a bad winter and its not even November yet ! it cud even be knee deep for Halloween so the ghosties n ghoulies will be well camoflaged

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Either way is cool. Lots of snow = landy drifting, snowboarding
    No snow = lots of biking

That said, the commute is a lot more fun when it isn’t -a billion degrees like the last couple of days…

nicko74

4ft of snow and -30C, apparently. Maybe I’ll move back to the UK for the winter 🙁

Zedsdead
    Free Member

average of 30 celcius for me

😀

billybob
    Free Member

my predictions for this winter –

Christmas Day will fall on the 25th, Eastenders will have a big story, New Year will fall at the end of December, I was also going to predict x-factor for number one, but after last year I’m not so sure….

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

New Year will fall at the end of December

You sure on this? I would be predicting the beginning of January.

JulianA
    Free Member

I will be drinking beer, and maybe some port and perhaps a little champagne…

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, the same weather patterns that brought all the mayhem last year and the snow the year before have been recurring regularly since then. Similar airflows brought us the crappy weather from July onwards.. and we had a frost last night.

Lookin good so far 🙂

Problem is, I want to know whether or not to buy XC skis from the US next month. If I don’t there’ll be loads of snow. If I do, it’ll be the warmest winter on record 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

I will regret not bothering bringing winter boots or mudguards or a winter road bike. Only until the 17th Dec though..

amodicumofgnar

Netweather.tv’s winter forecast:

http://nwstatic.co.uk/winter2010/netweather-winter-2010-forecast.pdf

Most of the long range one’s I’ve seen give broadly the same. Netweather got most of last winter correct. Might be good for pennine skiing and peak biking. I’m after continous snow cover from December to March above 400m in the North Pennines.

MoreCashThanDash

Report the other day of early arrival of Bewick swans from Siberia, which traditionally heralds a cold one

Also one of the weather forecasting services with a good recent track record (ie not the Met Office!) is reckoning on a cold one again.

We have a bag of rock salt ready to keep our precipitous driveway passable to traffic…..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I predict that if Boots run out of Kira, I’m going to be **** miserable from halfway through January until mid March…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Frost in SW Cornwall last night,we are all doomed

MrNutt
    Free Member

we’re all gonna die!

molgrips
    Free Member

The met office has a good record, what are you talking about…

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol @ OAP’s link..

Some wintry weather is however expected, particularly during mid to late December
    an early January.

Wow, what an amazing prediction!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The gritter drivers will strike. The ambulance crews will strike. The firebrigade will strike. It will get frosty.

So dont drive till May.

Seriously – my neighbour returned from France this evening. He spent days trying to get back by car / ferry. The unions appear to have shut the country down effectively (not that I blame them really). No diesel, toll operators, planes,….

But the Frenchies were always chickens eh?

j_me
    Free Member

As per s_c – “Rowan trees say no”

duntmatter
    Free Member

SNOWMAGEDDON!

twosheds
    Free Member

santa will be busy all night

alpin
    Free Member

lots of snow coming down in parts of Bavaria.

i can vouch for that.

read something the other day/week that cold winters come in set of three or four. last winter was a ‘proper’ winter – even here in southern bavaria – so the coming winter should also be cold assuming it’s the second or third of the cold winters.

as for me….. it’ll be (relatively) warm as i’ll be sitting somewhere off the coast of africa….

… with my bike(s).

jamesca
    Free Member

something like 25 degs for me i suspect

jonb
    Free Member

People will repeatedly ask me if I am going to ride in to work in “this weather”.

molgrips
    Free Member

My forecast is that this winter will be unpredictable.

votchy
    Free Member

My predictions for this winter remain the same since the election, there will be rioting on the streets before Xmas

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘predictions for this winter?’ is closed to new replies.