Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Predictable NAS streaming follow up Q
  • mikey74
    Free Member

what is the most effective way to stream music from my Synology NAS to my analogue Denon amp?

…now that DS Audio on my phone seems to have stopped working.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

What denon amp is it, is it dlna compliant?

mikey74
    Free Member

No, it’s about 20-25 years old.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Raspberry pi I’d say then, it depends how much you want to spend

nickjb
    Free Member

If you want stand alone Raspberry pi will do it pretty simply. Just download the PiMusicBox or Volumio image for it and it is very easy to set up. You can add an audio card for better sound quality. Use the phone as a remote. Or just plug the phone in and stream from that.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have never found the Airport express to be easy to use via Android. There are a few apps around that you could try but have you checked whether others are having the same problem with DS Audio? If so there may be hope of an update.

An alternative is to try swapping the airport express for a chromecast audio especially if they are still going for £15 from Currys and others. I don’t know whether it will easily stream from the NAS but this is likely an easier route than the airport express.

Sonos would do it but the price for a connect is ridiculous.

Raspberry pi can work but just isn’t in the same league of simplicity as these out of the box solutions. I have one, I rarely use it.

stumpy01

One of these?

Pure Jongo A2 Wireless Hi-Fi Adaptor…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Jongo-Wireless-Adapter-Bluetooth-Black/dp/B00CGYN47O

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Chromecast audio for simple plug and play.
    Pi if you might want to do more with it later.

Or get both if you want to experiment. 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. It looks like Chromecast audio is the way to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Predictable NAS streaming follow up Q’ is closed to new replies.