Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • pre rant enquiry about a bike purchase
  • trusty

Firstly, I’d like to say that I’m not here to slag anyone off as the company hasn’t (as yet) replied to my questions so I won’t say who it is (yet). This is more to get people’s opinion…
    Bought a bike online nearly 3 weeks ago in a sale, along with some other bits. The bike didn’t arrive for over a week as I was told it had to go through quality control to ensure everything was perfect. Bike turns up, but the frames out of alignment so the back wheel rubs all the time. Anyone checking gears, brakes or just wheeling the bike would have picked it up so their qc is obviously lacking somewhat. Email photos and an explanation, and they finally agree to pick it up. I ask if the process can be quicker than the original dispatch and for some vouchers to make for the hassle but no answer to this question. They receive the bike, and admit it’s bent and being sent back to the distributor and one will be sent out to me. I think one was sent last Thursday but no-one’s confirmed this yet. So after 3 weeks I still have no bike…. In the mean time the bike’s now £150 cheaper than when I paid for it as well.
    So, am I right to be annoyed about this? Should I expect any recompense, or anything about how much cheaper the bike is? If I’d have ridden it for the last 2 weeks and the price dropped it would be one of those things, but I’ve not. I’ve emailed the company abd I’m still waiting for a reply, do hopefully it’ll all be ok.

creamegg
    Free Member

Your entitled for a refund so get one. Then order another bike at lower price, or ask them

njee20
    Free Member

Distance selling regs. Send it back, buy at cheaper price. Not like you’ve had a chance to use it!

paladin

They don’t seem too good with emails, might be better phoning?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m guessing CRC.

thenorth
    Free Member

You were prepared to pay the price it was at, so further price drops are not something you’d be able to enjoy the benefit of.

Would have expected the bike to checked, but sounds like that’s getting sorted, albeit not as quickly as you’d like.

thenorth
    Free Member

Sounds like he might already have passed up the opportunity to return it under Distance Selling Regs, as he’s had the opportunity to inspect it, found a fault and agreed to their remedy for the fault.

trusty

Thanks for the replies, been out on the bike as the rain stopped. I’d guessed legally I can’t claim or ask for anything, and a replacement and possibly something out of good will to make up for their terrible quality control was originally all I was after. The price drop is frustrating more than anything, as I said if I’d have been riding it for 2 weeks I wouldn’t mind. However, I could have ordered it at the lower price and still had it quicker than the replacement while being better off. I could send the replacement back fir a refund saying I’d changed my mind then just order it at the lower price as has been suggested, but that’s just being a pain in the arse. However, for £150 I probably will! Jamie – no comment about where, as I said at the start I’m not going to say who until I get a reply. Then I might!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Winstanleys.

MS
    Free Member

I would email then to say that you are returning as can get it cheaper…see if they can come to an agreement? Would save both sides faffing about with postage.

akira

Did you pay by credit card, they often have ability to get money back if price has dropped.

bruneep

Pick up the phone and call crc, in my previous dealings with then have been better by phone rather than email.

Is there a history of the commencal 29er bike you bought having problems?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘pre rant enquiry about a bike purchase’ is closed to new replies.