• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pre race sharpeners
  • Kryton57

Worth it? After a mammoth Thursday night ride my legs still feel a bit achy, but I’m racing tomorrow. In addition I’ve just thrown some new forks on my HT.

So, would an hours gentle spin on the mtb, or a dedicated 45 min turbo sharpener help or hinder me for tomorrow?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

20-30mins easy spin with 6 x 12 second max efforts thrown in.

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

If you are racing against me I would suggest a three hour sub threshold ride with multiple hill reps……

If not, as above 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Lol!

mrblobby
    Free Member

As rollingdoughnut. Might do an hour of z2 with some quick sprints (all out 6 sec) and maybe a couple of longer 1 min hard efforts.

Kryton57

Done.

I used trainer road to get 30 minutes z2 indispersed with 4 x 30sec 500w sprints each followed by 1 min at 96% threshold and 4 mins z2.

My legs feelz da awsumsz now, innit…

AlasdairMc

I thought you were talking about something from a hip flask on the start line…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they testing?

Northwind

I always use one of these:

Takes your mind off the cramps

LS
    Free Member

An hour largely at recovery watts but with 20′ high tempo in the middle (90% FTP) followed by 2-3 20″ max sprints.
    Doing nothing at all or only an easy spin the day before a race has never worked for me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Egg McMuffin and a double espresso on the drive over usually sufficed for me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Recovery rides helped me a lot (psychologically at least) as did a similar ride the day before a race.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

jonba
    Free Member

Vodka?

It can help, short,easy with a couple of hard efforts normally for me.

Doing a Crit tomorrow and didn’t want to waste the weekend resting for 1hours racing so did a 120km road ride into the hills, sure it’ll be fine – few gels on the line and away we go.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Couple of lines and a quick swig of absinthe..
    How long is the race?

daveh
    Free Member

I’ve just done an easy hour up the transpennine trail with 2.5 mins of effort up a hill in the middle. Looks as though I wasn’t far off with that plan. Oh, and I did lots of no handed riding, I think that will see me right tomorrow…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pre race sharpeners’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts