• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pre heat wave ride
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Off out now (04:45) to avoid the main heat of the day. Anyone else?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How warm will this heat wave be? Above tepid?
    Just take some fluids and sun screen shirley 😉

prawny

Its forecast to be 31°c at 5pm for my 20 mile ride home from work, im not looking forward to it much. It was 29 yesterday and that was bad enough

ferrals
    Free Member

Yep just finishing my coffee and it’s off out. I’ll be commuting later too but don’t fancy doing intervals in the sweltering heat when I’m better off in the pub 😆

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Just completing the pre-ride weight loss then off out over a couple of big hills

Yak

I’ll go for a lunch hour ride today. Embrace the gorgeous weather folks, its going to be wet again soon enough.

lee170
    Free Member

530am start for me. Just got back now. Lovely morning, pretty damn warm already

qwerty
    Free Member

That was great! Siesta commences now & off out again at 19:30 🙂

I’m loving that I can cycle home from work at 06:00 in a t shirt & shorts 🙂

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Stop moaning about the hot weather ffs.

I’ll be outside doing manual labour all day then promptly doing a 25’er round Hebden shortly after.

I’ll be lapping it up, got my Piz Buin at the ready.

Earl
    Free Member

Got back at 7. Kids still asleep. Saw a squirrel and a deer. No better way to start a day.

stewartc
    Free Member

Haha, what I would give for a nice low humidity 30 degree ride right now MTFU you lot

Drac

Stop moaning about the hot weather ffs.

Don’t worry they’ll go back to complaining about rain and why don’t we get hot summers anymore like we once did in 77.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m gonna save it til it’s proper warm later and then cycle over the cliffs for a dip in the sea

jekkyl

Quadrophenia style Yunki?

‘LOOOOOVVEEEEE rain o’er me……. agghhhhhhhhhhhhh’

yunki
    Free Member

😆

ferrals
    Free Member

No complaining about the hot weather here, but no need to ride in the heat of the day when there’s relaxing to be done 😆

Anyway, nice mtb session early, back for breakfast and then a gentle spin to work maximising my tan lines 8)

Dibbs
    Free Member

Nice breeze when I walked the dog on the Quantocks at 7 ish.
    I was planning to ride at 9 ish but the wife booked the dog in for a haircut at 10 and then went out. I’m not going to get out til 12.
    I’ll have to pick a nice shady route.

jeffl

Cycling home from work between 3 and 4 pm should be nice and toasty, just trying to work out the route. Brought a big water bottle and sun screen in preparation.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pre heat wave ride’ is closed to new replies.