Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pre glued patches anyone used these ?
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Just looking online for pre glued patches,i normally buy lezyne,which are mega,but not cheap,just wondered if anyones used these ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Raleigh-Pre-glued-Puncture-Repair-Patches-kit-like-Skabs-and-Super-Patch-/121066704459?pt=UK_Spots_Leisure_Cycling_Tools_RepairKits&hash=item1c30234e4b

rocketman
    Free Member

Lezyne are worth it imo. Some of them have been on for years I forget they’re there until I change the tyre

Pook

I’ve used them for years! Never had a problem for as long as I can remember. In fact, I patched a snakebite with two park patches last week and they’re holding despite some step riding and rocks…..

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Tried em all

Nothing ever beats good, old fashioned, rema Tip-Top puncture kits

reedspeed
    Free Member

Lezyne and Tip top kits both what i normally use,so i guess ill stick to them,if ya pardon the pun…thx guys.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lezyne seem best of a bad lot from my experience. Unless you prep it they have been get home only for me really.

onandon
    Free Member

I used Lezyne for ages then changed to Park.
    Park are nicer IMHO and work well sealing tubeless tyres from the inside if they have a cut or small split.

rwc03
    Free Member

As above I’ve found park to be good, quick to apply and small enough to to keep in a wallet

julianwilson
    Free Member

If you are a serial tube repairer/miser like me (record: 13 patches on one tube 8) ) then proper old fashioned vulcanised ones all the way. The pre-glued ones are great for a quicker fix on the trail but i find they don’t stay stuck on forever and have had slow-ish punctures that turned out to be the old glued patch.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Used, Topeak and Park Tool glueless patches and recommend either of them.

FuzzyWuzzy

I carry Park ones with me out on the bike (and have used them a couple of times). However they aren’t feather-edged like ‘normal’ (decent quality) patches so not great on a road bike where you can sometimes feel the Park patch whilst riding.

eyerideit
    Free Member

If you are a serial tube repairer/miser like me (record: 13 patches on one tube ) then proper old fashioned vulcanised ones all the way. The pre-glued ones are great for a quicker fix on the trail but i find they don’t stay stuck on forever and have had slow-ish punctures that turned out to be the old glued patch.

I’m finding this, especially on road tubes that have a higher pressure. I can see air bubbles appearing under some older patches and its only a matter of time before they work their way to the end.

So I’ve gone back to the ‘old ways’, replace the punctured tube and repair the punctured one when I get home with rubber and a patch.

BTW Ive use/used Park ones.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

not great on a road bike where you can sometimes feel the Park patch whilst riding.

Twaddle! I suppose you can ride over a crisp packet and tell what flavour they were too… 🙄

FuzzyWuzzy

Actually no it’s not twaddle it’s my actual experience you dimwitted muppet – I’m normally shit at telling the difference between minor changes on the bike but it’s like if you’ve got a bit of chewing gum stuck on the tyre, there’s a distinct vibration from it (at least there is if it’s directly on top of the tube and you’re running lightweight thin tyres like Schwalbe Ultremos.

aracer
    Free Member

The pre-glued ones are great for a quicker fix on the trail but i find they don’t stay stuck on forever and have had slow-ish punctures that turned out to be the old glued patch.

That’s because the glue they use doesn’t actually harden, so they’ll always be liable to move. Proper patches with a tube of glue are far preferable IMHO.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Actually no it’s not twaddle it’s my actual experience you dimwitted muppet

You’d have to be riding on glass, with 180psi and hemorrhoids… Get well soon 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pre glued patches anyone used these ?’ is closed to new replies.