Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pre-17 driving lessons… any recommendations …..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

BFITH Jr (15) has expressed an interest in having some driving lessons after having a go in a mini at Car-fest last year. Probably a good idea too, to get the ball rolling before he can have ‘proper’ lessons. So, can anybody recommend a company that does this sort of thing. West Yorkshire would be handy……

MoreCashThanDash

My lad has done a couple of sessions with Admiral Young Driver here in Nottingham. Pretty sure they had Yorkshire options. Not cheap, but offer a series of different levels with their own “licence” progression. Good birthday present/party idea.

He did his first at 12 years old – made him realise cars are tricky things. We’ll push it again at 15/16 years old.

BFITH
    Free Member

Admiral Young Driver

Looked at these last…did seem a bit expensive like you say… I think nearest is barnsley, so do-able.

Cowman

My dad was keen on us learning to drive. We has some track days. Not too expensive when shared out between me and my brothers.

Learnt alot about driving that helped me when it came to driving.

Dont know what it would cost now.

BFITH
    Free Member

We has some track days.

As a method of learning to drive or after you had learnt?
    Might treat him (and me) to a track day next year 8)

Cowman

As a method of learning, I’d never driven a car before. It worked well, the instructor was good. It was dual control. I felt ace!

fourbanger
    Free Member

I can thoroughly recommend being raised on a farm and destroying a small scrapyard of cars, whilst learning a variety of driving techniques not recommended on the public highway. We went through a number of cars, Volvo 240 (killed the clutch), mini clubman (killed a water trough), Metro City (suspension ripped through the floor), 205 (rolled then converted to death trap convertible).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pre-17 driving lessons… any recommendations …..’ is closed to new replies.