Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Praise for Stif
  • russianbob
    Free Member

Stif (and Santa Cruz) have provided me with excellent customer service. Again.

I use these guys as my LBS really, although there are more local, and it’s a 30 minute drive, but I’m glad I do. They replaced the bearings and collet axle on my 2009 Heckler out of warranty, free of charge, including labour. I know the bearings have a lifetime warranty from Santa Cruz, but there was absolutley no obligation for them to do the axle and not charge for labour. And all within three days of taking it in with no forewarning or appointment.

Great stuff Stif. Thank you very much.

tomhoward

They are rather good, aren’t they.

badnewz
    Free Member

Great company

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Great company… still miss the Headingly shop though 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Never can understand why they moved from a built up city (with customers) to the middle of no where (with lots of sheep and no customers)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Space? (As in more of it, not the place above the sky).

igm

More concentration on importing and mail order, more space in the showroom and decent test ride routes from the door as I recall.

I miss the Headingley shop before the Headingley shop. 8)

hatter

Hope they get to keep Santa Cruz now that Pon have bought the brand, history sadly suggests otherwise though.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I remember buying my Orange Prestige (V1) frame from them many, many years ago. Very helpful, and persuaded me to upgrade the forks to Orange Aluminium ones. They were right, and knew their stuff.
    Whenever we travelled through to Leeds a trip to Stif was included.
    Great to see that they are still pleasing biking addicts.

igm – Was the upstairs room version of the shop the Headingley shop or the previous Headingley shop?

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m surprised the haterz haven’t appeared moaning about the fact that you’ve had to take such an expensive bike back and received excellent customer service when you can get a bike from Halfords for £200. 8)

igm

I was thinking of the backstreet shop, The Loft, which they were in around 1995. I think they moved to Otley road in 1996.

If it was a Prestige not a P7, so were you.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Only ever called in a few times but always had good service. Bet you’d be surprised at how many customers they get through their doors considering location.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Praise for Stif’ is closed to new replies.