Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Praise for Hope Tech M4s (non extreme to the power of rad content)
  • big_scot_nanny

Hello, just wanted to stick a quick bit of feedback in. Recently purchased a set of Hope Tech M4s from wiggle, the ones with dinner plates back and front, braided hoses and floating rotors. They are now installed and bedded in on my Chumba HX2 clown bike. 🙄

Just went out for first proper-ish ride this morning, **** me they are great! Not grabby even slightly, smooth transition of power. If you want to lock up and endo, by jesus you can, but it is all so damn smooth/modular. Wonderful! 😀

Also, there is a great feel of the parts, I love the bite point adjust and reach adjust – feels like quality British engineering.

These were to replace Hayes Stroker Trails that just never performed that well (bought second hand off here, coaxed them back to life but after a couple of big trips it's back to sticky pistons and sticky levers plus horrendous constant squealing due to both of above), and compared to Juicy 5s on my other bike (26er Stumpy FSR – just sold last night – bye bye… sniff)

Juicy's have been reliable and by gum they stop you, but lacking lever feel and modulation.

Yes it is a luxury, and by-eck it does feel worth it. Lovely!

Now, with teh cash from other bike flogging, where to find 120mm Reba maxle 29ers… 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Pleased with mine the last year and easy to service and bleed 🙂 I also have Dinner plates Fr and Rr 😉

peteimpreza

There are great. Loving mine with front dinner plate and rear side plate. 😯

DickBarton

Same as Pete…braw brakes…total overkill for what I do but the price I got them at it would have been rude to say no! They are superb brakes…serious control can now be done with 1 finger (was a Hope user for years but 2 new bikes ago went to Hayes as they came with the bike – Hayes were/are mince in comparison).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I too am a happy member of the overbraked brigade, even though according to some "there's no benefit in having brakees that are more powerful than you need".

big_scot_nanny

Alpin to the forum…. 😀

big_scot_nanny

just a further little comment. This is the first Hope stuff I have bought, for some reason I had resisted based on the real love/hate reactions that Hope seems to engender.

Anyway, as well as the kit being amazing, I had a question about set up and thought, seeing as how they list a tech support phone number, I would give them a call. Engaged first time, second time spoke to a very helpful chap who understood my questions exactly and gave very specific and useful advice on how to sort out. He even had a northern accent and everything! 😉

So, I have not had that experience with any other piece of bike kit I own, and is beginning to make me think this wee British engineering firm might be a wee bit special. I will of course update his as soon as something goes tremendously wrong, which is now bound to happen.

Keep up the good work Hope tech northern lads!

Kev

fisha
    Free Member

I really rate my Hope brakes. A few years old now, and over braked yes, but its just one of those parts that really steps up to the plate when you need to put the anchors down. Previous hayes and shimano never quite managed the same.

Houns

I love my Hope Mono M4's. Due to new forks I've had to up to 200mm on the front! Just fitted it, and the adapter. Whilst i was doing that i also put a new hose on, i was dreading this but it was very easy. So easy that i'm gonna order the black fittings

+1 – they are awesomez.

Above all else, they look great too.

Other Hope products to gain praise – Hope LED 4. Maybe not the brightest light in the world, but just so nicely engineered next to a horde of Lumicycles and Hong Kong cheapies.

It is possible to have form and function.

Zilog
    Free Member

Love the Hope M4s also loved my old M6s. I really should grab some V2 when I get some more cash. Also love the Hope 4 and 2 LED lights. There headsets, bottom brackets, hubs, quick release and stems are all great too. There new seatposts looks nice too but not tried one yet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run Hope E4 brakes on my two bikes and I'm just about to fit a set to my cross bike. The only bad thing I can say about them is that they're so well made and durable that I'm struggling to justify upgrading to Tech V2s. My brakes are over ten years old and still cut it.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

+1 for hopes, took the juicies off my bike and put m4 on last year and they are just amazing, so smooth and powerful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Praise for Hope Tech M4s (non extreme to the power of rad content)’ is closed to new replies.