Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • PPI….
  • ji
    Free Member

I was rejected by Barclays too….

jam-bo

Reading around, looks like I missed the boat, back at the height of the PPI thing looks like they were just paying out without much challenge. Now the number of claims is less then they seem to be challenging more.

The crux seems to be the pre-ticked box on the online application form. People with better memories than me seem to think back in 2000 when I applied it was pre-ticked and you couldn’t advance the application without it ticked. PRoving that might be tricky..

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Like others I always thought I’d been too savvy to have had PPI, but with the window starting to close, I popped in a complaint with Barclaycard (also had Egg and Goldfish over the years, so now same company). Turns out that I also hadn’t “unticked a box” 24 years ago.

Took about 10 minutes to fill in the online form, and a £2700 cheque landed on my doormat this week.

Drac

I doubt that’s the reason Jambo they paid out to me without any fuss what so ever but as I’ve never claimed, worked for the same employer for over 27 years and have a good sick pay policy they had no argument.

cheers_drive

I did the Egg / Barclays claim a few weeks back, it was 15 years ago that I took the card out so didn’t have much info. The rang me last week to find out more should find out soon although I don’t remember PPI being on it. Also put in a claim for a MBA card, have even less info on that but I think I did have PPI on it.
    In 1998 I had a Debenhams store card run by GE Capita and I’m sure I had PPI on that despite being unemployed but there doesn’t seem to be a obvious way to do a claim on that and I have absolutely no details about the card

jam-bo

I doubt that’s the reason Jambo they paid out to me without any fuss what so ever but as I’ve never claimed, worked for the same employer for over 27 years and have a good sick pay policy they had no argument.

Nope. I can read. 😉

I have read there is a threshold below which they pay out as it’s not worth the bother of investigating.

We’ll see, I’ll think about it next year.

connect2

Those of you that have filled out the forms (which seem to be pretty standard across the board) – what’s the best answer to the question ‘why are you now unhappy with the policy?’ (or words to that effect) if you’re just claiming on the off-chance?

‘because I’m hoping you’ll refund me a shed load of money’ doesn’t strike me as the right one!

Caher

I have had a couple of loans of LLoyds some time ago and they have sent me a huge number of sheets to complete on the detail of any loans were i had PPI.
    As i no longer have the paperwork this seems dead in the water without the detail of my loans.

CountZero

I have had a couple of loans of LLoyds some time ago and they have sent me a huge number of sheets to complete on the detail of any loans were i had PPI.
    As i no longer have the paperwork this seems dead in the water without the detail of my loans.

Same here, which is why I was pleased when my account manager offered to do the donkey work on my behalf if I got hold of another set of forms, having mislaid the first set.*
    Net result was a refund of £11,680, without having to do anything bar make a call to the number she provided me, and drop the paperwork off at my branch in town.
    *Not all account managers may be this accommodating, but it never hurts to ask nicely.

milky1980
    Free Member

My PPI was all with Lloyds and it only took a phone call, some forms through the post to read and send back and a cheque with an acceptance form! I had no account numbers and they went back to 1999 for me once they had my address from back then, was multiple loans too. Must have changed their process.

sadexpunk

for those who have succeeded, do you generally get made an offer which you haggle, or does a cheque just drop on your mat?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Really don’t know where to start with this for the wife and I, can anyone recommend a PPI reclaim type company?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

for those who have succeeded, do you generally get made an offer which you haggle, or does a cheque just drop on your mat?

It’s not an offer, they do a calculation, you get the interest backdated etc., it’s not a starting bid!

Really don’t know where to start with this for the wife and I, can anyone recommend a PPI reclaim type company?

Go to the website of the place you think owes you for PPI. They’ll tell you what to do, really, if you’re going to fll a form out for an ambulance chaser to do it (and get 10% cut) you can easily fill the form out for yourself – Lloyds one is online, didnt need account no. for loan and even gave them a year 10 years incorrect and they did the donkey work themselves. Sent me a paper form which was basically just a repeat of the online version, presumably just to delay things a bit.

Those of you that have filled out the forms (which seem to be pretty standard across the board) – what’s the best answer to the question ‘why are you now unhappy with the policy?’ (or words to that effect) if you’re just claiming on the off-chance?

Have a look on Money Supermarket etc. sites – basically you need to mention the magic words like ‘pressured to take PPI otherwise they hinted the application wouldn’t go through’, ‘hadn’t realised it was optional’, ‘never explained there was cooling off period’, ‘never needed it as covered by work sickness policy, etc.’.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks breatheeasy.

Just had a look at the RBS website which seems pretty self explanatory, it just looks like a generic from to fill in.

We took our first mortgage out in 2004 with RBS, it was a one to one with a financial adviser and I remember being told by her that we had to take out their home insurance, mortgage protection and upgrade my RBS account to a Royalties Gold account to be successful with my application (even though we had perfect credit scores/deposit etc). We thought it was odd at the time but we just went along with it.

The questionnaire just relates to the PPI aspect of the claim but I can’t see anywhere I can mention the upgrade to my account? Do I just mention it in the ‘about my complaint’ section?

headfirst
    Free Member

Legoman – Member
    ‘when I initially contacted Barclays direct I was told I had no claim but the PPI company I used managed to claim £3k from them.

Same details, different result. No idea why.’

I’ve just been knocked back by barclays re. my egg card. Legoman, or anyone else, can you tell me which claims company you used please? If it costs me nothing to pursue it further I might as well.

bensales
    Free Member

Only time I ever had a PPI was on a couple of credit cards in the late 90’s when I was at uni. They never would have paid out as I was a student.

But obviously records are long gone now, what are my chances? I know who the card was with (still my current bank), but that’s it.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PPI….’ is closed to new replies.