Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PPI – rd2.
  • jam-bo

anyone else had a letter about unfair commision? I didn’t win against EGG/barclaycard as they say I mis-bought rather than was mis-sold. I missed the deadline for appealing and had largely forgotten about it.

turns out 50% commision rates they didn’t tell people about were unfair to say I may still get ~50% of what I paid back instead.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Had a letter from egg (canada square) about it, filled in the form (name, address, DOB) and returned it.

If a cheque turns up it’ll be a nice surprise but if it doesn’t I’m not too concerned.

I do wonder if they’ve only written to people who will have a claim though…

jam-bo

mine was from the ‘Barclaycard PPI Proactive Plevin’ team which suggests there is a fairly good chance of getting a payout.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roger_mellie

The unfair commission stuff is explained quite comprehensively here at point 2.
    You don’t have to wait for your lender to write to you apparently. And “Plevin is aimed squarely at you if you had a claim rejected from a bank, building society or other big financial institution – and even if the ombudsman agreed with the rejection.”
    Must get on to this at the weekend…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PPI – rd2.’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts