Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • PPI – anyone made a successful claim?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Spacemonkey – exactly what I thought.
    However, I actually rang Barclays to ask if my credit cards had PPI on them (turns out they didn’t), but it was them that mentioned the overdrafts and she then gave me the PPI policy numbers and transferred me to the claims department to make the complaint.

I guess they might not all be as forthcoming, but I intend to find out over the next week or so!

cliffyc
    Free Member

Got a refund on PPI on a loan from Alliance And Leicester,they contacted me and I was refunded a few weeks later.I would always contact the lender first and avoid the vultures

julianwilson
    Free Member

fwiw my experience with claiming from Lloyds (June/July last year) was pretty good. Took a few phone calls (and for some reason they phoned me and I couldn’t get a number to ring them) but it was always the same guy who rang me and given my relatively poor recollection of it all (ppi was started in 1999), I was pleasantly surprised they coughed up! I now have no overdraft and a road bike. 😀 😀

D0NK

will they not just say “No, you didn’t. Goodbye.” as we have no evidence saying otherwise?

after a couple of years repeatedly telling my mrs to fill in the ready made PPI claim form available online her credit card company wrote to her saying “we ripped the piss out of you via ppi so fill in this short form and we’ll give you a few hundred quid.”
    I may have paraphrased that.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I got 15.5K from HSBC for ongoing loans dating back 10 or 12 years.

dux
    Free Member

Money saving expert.com had all the template forms i needed to fill in. Santander sent back a questionnaire, i filled it in, sent it back. Sent another letter the day after saying that if i didn’t hear anything within 14 days i would speak to the financial ombudsman. Recieved an offer within weeks and i said no, thinking that i had nothing to lose and any money i got as compo was a bonus. They more than doubled the next offer, i accepted and hey presto, new kitchen ordered.

This was 2010 if it makes any difference

woody21
    Free Member

We did very well out of Barclays once on the PPI and then more recently they had cocked up on some phrase that they should have included on statements – so they ended repaying all of the interest that they had charged us

Just waiting for CPP to come good now

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Wondered what was happening with mine, because it had been a while and this thread reminded me. Tescos tell me they sent a letter on the 6th with an offer which i never received so they are sending another recorded this time, it just goes to show well over 12 years and still a successful claim.

warton
    Free Member

a mate works a loyds and tells me they reject ever claim until the claiment goes to the financial ombudsman.

strange, me and my wife got 8k from lloyds, within 3 weeks of applying.

john_drummer
    Free Member

1) sign up for free month Experian trial
    2) print off credit report

did that. mine doesn’t go back that far…

for example, I used to have a credit card with MBNA. paid it off many years ago (but within the last 15) and no sign of it on my credit report.
    same with previous mortgages with various lenders e.g. Abbey – no sign of it on my experian credit report

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I got fifteen grand back from lloyds just before Christmas – they were really helpful, and everything was sorted within about seven weeks. With regards to the poster who’s mate works for lloyds, tell him he’s talking nonsense. Mrs Mitch recently got twelve grand back from first direct, and we’re just claiming back ppi on our mortgage insurance policy going back about ten years. To echo what loads on here have already said, do not use a third party, they’re taking the piss.

john_drummer
    Free Member

did that. mine doesn’t go back that far…

for example, I used to have a credit card with MBNA. paid it off many years ago (but within the last 15) and no sign of it on my credit report.
    same with previous mortgages with various lenders e.g. Abbey – no sign of it on my experian credit report

apparently it only stays “live” on file for six years after settlement…

you can go back further by contacting the lender directly, but they’re not obliged to hold anything settled older than that…

langylad
    Free Member

We were actually mis sold ppi in the early 2000’s by MBNA, we have had to report them to the FO as after 2 letters they are still refusing to pay out.

Drac

Going to compile so forms tomorrow as I know I was on many things.

Legoman
    Free Member

Anyone had success with First Direct? They’re next on my list to call

shooterman

I did and received a cheque for £3,800 a few weeks ago. It was very strightforward. I said I thought I may have been missold, they investigated it and siad ok, here’s our offer.

I also made one for an MBNA card but it was refused. It’s now with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

spacemonkey

Re my earlier posts, I rcently went through a load of bank statements dating back to 2002. Found a bunch of payments (with account numbers) to credit card firms, mortgage companies and also BMW Finance. Am hoping this is enough for me get the ball rolling with each lender. Also found references to CCP payments which I’m also going to check out.

theotherjonv

How are the sums being reclaimed so big? How big were the loans / credit agreements that these are the ppi sums? Or are these compensations payments for having been missold, as opposed to the value lost in ppi payments?

hora
    Free Member

“I got 15.5K from HSBC for ongoing loans dating back 10 or 12 years.”

Im going to look into this. In the late 90’s my student overdraft etc was rolled into a big loan. I had no choice. Paid almost 900 in interest/charges on just 3k. At the time though I had little choice. Just signed.

Do you just call up?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Im going to look into this. In the late 90’s my student overdraft etc was rolled into a big loan. I had no choice. Paid almost 900 in interest/charges on just 3k. At the time though I had little choice. Just signed.

Do you just call up?

I’m pretty sure that HSBC got into some kind of trouble related to ‘forcing’ customers into managed loan arrangements.
    I can’t remember the details so it might be worth Googling it. I had one of them loans around the same time and the interest charged on it was huge. It’ll be interesting to see how you get on with it.

stevied
    Free Member

I wish mine had gone as quick as some of you guys. Initially made a claim with Lloyds Sept ’12 which they refused even tho they have no evidence of me signing anything agreeing to ppi. Been with the FOS since October ’12 and no sign of anything happening anytime soon…

snakebite
    Free Member

I got a few hundred back off CCP reference a Barclaycard from a few years back. Currently looking at early mortgages with Woolwich and Cheshire building societies…. just print off a std template letter and send it off..

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

The companies offering to do it are sharks. I used to work for a bank, and whilst I did have loans, never needed the ppi, however the regular phone calls I get, some of which I wind up for a while, if I’m not to busy, they tell me that it doesn’t matter that I never had it, they will get some back anyway ??? Bunch of cons, probably after up front fees. I just hang up on them now.

john_drummer
    Free Member

just got £260 back from CCP & the same again from Natwest. MBNA said “you ticked the box so you weren’t missold”. Still waiting to hear from Natwest about a second loan with PPI, and a couple more on top. I’m not holding my breath but it would be nice

john_drummer
    Free Member

Still waiting to hear from Natwest about a second loan with PPI

Result 🙂 thank you very much indeed 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

yay and another result 🙂

willjones
    Free Member

OK, I’m going for it, you’ve all made it sound so easy 🙂

Following this process –

1) sign up for free month Experian trial
    2) print off credit report
    3) write a letter to everyone, even if you know you never had ppi (obviously don’t do this for phone contracts etc)
    4) they’ll get back you telling you that they are either investigating (good news), or that they can’t find any record (bad news)
    5) wait, after a few weeks…the cheques will come in

Got to step 3. This issue is, I don’t know whether I had PPI or not, so not sure entirely how to word the letter – the templates I can find all rely on you knowing you had a policy. Can anyone point me in the direction of something that’s a bit more, ‘please investigate on my behalf’? Or do I need to do some more legwork?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m at the same stage so would be interested in any advice too.

Legoman
    Free Member

Willjones – I’ve had more luck phoning up customer services than writing letters so far.
    Called Barclays and Nationwide, both with scant details of pretty old (20+ years for Barclays) products – both traced PPI policies and initiated the complaint process.
    I wrote to a third bank (forgotten which) who I had my first mortgage with & got a stock ‘no record if your account’ reply..

No cheques yet though, sadly!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I rang Natwest, Halifax & Leeds BS.
    Said “I’ve had N loans over the last X years, was there PPI on any of them?”. With Halifax & Leeds I remember feeling pressured to take the PPI for fear of not getting the loan if I didn’t take it; with Natwest I don’t recall ever being told about it.

Natwest have paid up twice, Halifax have paid up & I’m still waiting on Leeds. MBNA said No Dice.

for the price of a few phone calls & stamps I’m very happy

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Was there not someone who runs a claim management company on here offering to sort the claims out?
    Might have been for mortgages or I’m thinking of another site.

jonjones262
    Free Member

HSBC wrote back to me last week with an offer of a refund.

Yesterday I got £4300 back into my account 🙂

woody21
    Free Member

Has anyone received anything from CCP, if you did how long did it take from submitting the claim to getting the money?

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘PPI – anyone made a successful claim?’ is closed to new replies.