Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • PPI – anyone had success with a claim?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What’s the best way of claiming this?

I too was young and stupid 10-20 years ago and might be able to mak a claim. They had enough interest off me, so why not?

DIY or get someone to do it for you?

theotherjonv

PP; if you have the details of the loans and credit agreements you had, and have the time to do it, then go on Money Saving Expert and they have a guide and template letters.

Or call up someone like the company i referred (say i told you to!) and they’ll search a lot of details for you, send you a few letters to sign, and do it for you. For a fee, of course, but as i said, in my case it was agreeing to pay someone a fee to do something I’d never have got round to – so 70% of something vs 100% of nothing.

Convert – apologies if not the intention, but your ‘morons’ was pretty clear in it’s intent in my eyes. If you meant people who didn’t know or who didn’t have the capability to understand what they were being offered was valueless, there are far better terms you could have used than moron.

convert

Convert – apologies if not the intention, but your ‘morons’ was pretty clear in it’s intent in my eyes. If you meant people who didn’t know or who didn’t have the capability to understand what they were being offered was valueless, there are far better terms you could have used than moron.

I’m not apologetic about the use of the term – probably a bit emotive, but that was the intention. We as a society are financially inept, and almost proud of it. Too many folk are gullible mugs not savvy enough to be cautious when entering into financial agreements. Yes, the banks were greedy tosspots but in my opinion too many otherwise intelligent folk were duped into buying something they neither needed or wanted for the sake of bothering to pay enough attention because, let’s face it, it’s dull. It is not a lack of cognitive ability that got them duped but moronic complacency.

Notter
    Free Member

@ theotherjonv – I would be interested in a referral for The Fair Trade Practice, could you drop me a mail (in profile) whenever convenient?

I guess that makes me a “moron” 😉

antigee

ads678 – Member
    I do wonder how many people were actually miss sold, and how many people just didn’t listen when taking a loan out.

think it was a bit deeper than that – before became a compensation issue I went to pay back a car loan early but Bank’s calculation and mine of what was left to pay were well adrift – they came back and said I hadn’t included that my monthly payments included PPI – said I’d declined it and had it crossed out on my copy of loan agreement, local branch then told me hadn’t got copy of form as had been called in for review some time ago – a week later got a letter from odd named department saying they’d reviewed their copy of the loan agreement and confirmed a settlement amount close to what I’d calculated – believe to this day that the paperwork had been changed presumably to claim the commission on the product sale

roger_mellie

@ theotherjonv – I would be interested in a referral for The Fair Trade Practice, could you drop me a mail (in profile) whenever convenient?

Ditto. If you fancy another referral theotherjonv let me know what details you need on an email. (Email in profile). Ta.

theotherjonv

I might be a moron but I’m quite a contented moron.

Just had my first offer come back – PPI that was added without my consent, plus interest on the money they’ve had off me and compensation for the fact they ripped me off in the first case = £700

HMRC takes a cut of the interest; and i have the FTP fee to pay but will get about £450

And still waiting for an offer on some others.

Honestly i’m staggered; not least because I always pay off balances in full and therefore the amount of PPI added was never on a ‘big’ sum, but where it was added daily on the actual balance over years it mounted up. It’s not £1000’s as others have had, but it’s all nice to have.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘PPI – anyone had success with a claim?’ is closed to new replies.