Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PPI, advise please
  • hornetfancier
    Free Member

Does anyone here have any suggestions as who to use regarding a possible claim , had loads of calls but a bit unsure as who to use.
    Thank you

tomhoward

You can do it yourself, there’s loooooads of hints and tips on moneysupermarket.com. No fees to pay then…

hornetfancier
    Free Member

Cheers Tom, I’ll have a look.

DezB
    Free Member

Just be sure you won’t get made redundant anytime soon 😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

For whatever reason I didn’t get anywhere on my own so I switched to The Fair Trade Practise and reasonably quickly they get me a decent result. Were fine to use, fairly expedient & not too pushy. I think the process is fairly well automated now so you may do just as well yourself. Certainly, it’s a annoying having to pay out a % to someone just for filling in a few forms!
    If you want to use them, please let me know – I can get a referral bonus 😉

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

You can do it yourself but the lenders will try to fob you off and put the onus on you to prove any ppi.
    Just depends how much work you want to do, I tried myself then gave up and let a ppi company do it.

CountZero

Go to your bank, and talk to your account manager. If they’re any good at all they should do it for you.
    I had a word with mine in Lloyds, she gave me a number to call, I got the relevant paperwork sent to me, then dropped it in to her to tick the relevant boxes.
    A little while after she phoned me about some issue on one of my accounts, and would I like to pop in and sort it out, then said she’d got my PPI claim back, as well. Sorted out the confusion, then she asked how much I thought I might have got back on my PPI, well, I didn’t have a clue, so she handed me a bit of paper with £11,680 printed on it!
    If I’d gone to one of those PPI claim people I’d have probably only got £7000 at most, they keep the rest.

hornetfancier
    Free Member

Wow, nice one, thanks for the sensible advice and I’ll let you know how I got on.

hora
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I had PPI on a rolled up student overdraft back in 1998. I rang NatWest direct but they said ‘nope’. Would they be able to lie? Who is best to attack this on my behalf?

Drac

A few weeks ago I submitted over to Barclaycard who have an easy online form to complete. Less than 2 weeks later they paid a nice large sum into my bank account.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I currently decision PPI claims for a large bank and urge you to do it yourself. You can easily find a template online and for the half hour filling it in, you will save 25-40% of any claim in fees that CMCs will rob you of. Complaints from customers directly and via claims companies are treated exactly the same.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

If you do have to use a claims firm I was pleased with the Fair trade practice. They found that I had ppi on a mortgage that I would not otherwise known to claim. Cleared 4k.
    As said though template forms available on mse if you do it yourself.

slackboy
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PPI, advise please’ is closed to new replies.