Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PPE – good online options?
  • cb

Hi, I have a need for some steels, hi viz jacket and eye protection. Anyone know of any good online places where something vaguely modern might be available? Comfort more important than price.

Thanks

squirrelking
    Free Member

Arco?

myti
    Free Member

Safety supply company good and cheap!

gobuchul
    Free Member

I would recommend trying the boots on in a shop, especially if you will be wearing them all day.
    Arco and Screwfix normally have a good range.

maccruiskeen

I’d recommend trying eye protection on in a shop also. I’d second Arco. For online brix workwear is good

bruneep

Reason you need this? Employer has to provide this foc.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Reason you need this? Employer has to provide this foc.

Not if you’re a contractor..

OP.

I Get all mine from here.. http://www.totalworkwear.co.uk/

Or here http://www.dickiesworkwear.com/en

I’ve recently bought a load of Englebert Strauss gear and been very impressed.

Failing that – Snickers for trousers, Cofra for boots, Bolle for glasses, Dewalt for gloves.

I wear a lot of hi-viz

I’ve used Mammoth Workwear also as a one-stop online store

geoffj

+1 for englebert Strauss – I use it for my chainsaw ppe

cb

Thanks all

Saccades
    Free Member

If getting cheap safety specs go for Uvex over Bolle.

If getting prescription Bolle are brilliant.

maccruiskeen

Haven’t tried Englebert Strauss yet – but they seem bonkers cheap compared to the competition

they also seem bonkers judging by the Englebert Strauss Song they proudly emailed me about

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBIPB6Fx0U[/video]

For comfort Snickers is hard to beat – trousers are really well cut, 1″ increments on waist sizes instead of the usual 2″ and 3 leg lengths in every size. The Canvas+ material is extremely hardwearing but feels like jeans to wear – vulnerable to heat through, things like angle grinders can degrade the poly part of the polycotton. They do a pure cotton version which is not quite as tough (and feels heavy compared to the canvas+) but is better if you do any hot work.

Despite the recommendation to try stuff on shops are only able to stock a fraction of the range of sizes available so unless you’re very ordinary-sized (and in the scope of typical workwear shop clientele thats a bit short and a bit fat) you might be better off shopping online for snickers kit.

They’ve recently made a shift in sizing: sizes on newer stock are based on what your tape measure tells you rather than the vanity sizing you get with a pair of jeans, so make sure the sizing guide you are looking at is up to date.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PPE – good online options?’ is closed to new replies.