Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PP Shan 27 as 26" or best as 650b?
  • breninbeener

I have bought a Shan 917 which is a 650b frame. However i also have the dropouts which correct the geometry for 26″ wheels.

I have a pr of bnib Fox 34 160mm Kashimas in the garage. I also have some AM 26 wheels spare.

I can afford some 650b forks but dont have any spare 650b wheels….so thats a fair chunk of money to get stuff fit for purpose.

How much different will it be built up as a 26″ rig vs a 650b bike? Has anyone built on up as 26? Any comparisons with 650b?

thanks

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Hey. Mine (green 27) started as a 26 as i had brand new revs and hope/flow ex. I managed to get a deal on a 650b pike and ran that with 26. Bought cheap 650b wheels to see difference and eventually bought new hope/flow ex in 650b

It gives a slightly higher bb so helped with pedal strikes and a slightly longer wheelbase so a little more stable but biggest difference was it rolled better. It felt different enough to warrant the change. If doing you need a rear brake adaptor…

breninbeener

Ok, it seems like 650b is the way forwards….

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got no comparison but I’ve got a shan 917 650b and its a lovely bike to ride. You will like it.

honourablegeorge

Buy the 650 forks, run it with the 26″ wheels, sell the 34s to fund 650 wheels, then switch?

breninbeener

These plans make a lit of sense. I will but the 650b forks….thanks all 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PP Shan 27 as 26" or best as 650b?’ is closed to new replies.