Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Powerpoint style app for iPad
  • hammerite
    Free Member

I have a very long train journey on Thursday which I was hoping to travel light. However, I now need to write a presentation while on the train.

Can anyone recommend me an app for the iPad that I can use to write presentations with?

It needs to be able to:

– take a Powerpoint template
    – be exportable to Powerpoint and the file type recognised when opened up in Powerpoint. (I’m happy for formatting not to be quite right as I can tidy this up when I get in front of a computer again).

DrP

Keynote….

DrP

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above Keynote is your best bet

I’ve recently started using iAnnotate which is fabulous for reviewing and marking up word and pdf docs

grum
    Free Member

Sorry not useful for what you want but has anyone seen/used Prezi? Very cool – seems like a much more fluid and visually impressive way of doing presentations than PowerPoint.

allthegear
    Free Member

Prezi is good but I can imagine audiences tiring of the whooshing around effect quite quickly.

I’m using Keynote on my iPad and MacBook on a daily basis at the moment – love ’em.

Rachel

hammerite
    Free Member

Cool thanks. I was looking at Keynote, but wasn’t 100% sure about the import of a template and then export to Powerpoint.

DrP

With keynote and pages, my archaic laptop is becoming even more forlorn and unloved….
    Seriously, apart from memory map route planning, now i’ve got an airprint printer, there’s little I need a PC for now – iPad does it all.

DrP

(Though I would love a powerful mac/pc for video editing…)

hammerite
    Free Member

Been playing with Keynote. First had a ball ache trying to get a file from PC to iPad. Easy if you have mail set up on the iPad, but I don’t as it’s a shared iPad at home. iCloud doesn’t like it Office generated docs, you can’t open files from Dropbox in Keynote. Don’t want to have to plug the iPad into the PC just to transfer files.

Decided best option was to just set up mail, then delete the password from the account in mail settings.

Files transfer fine. Some problems with formatting but nothing too onerous. However, the reason for transferring the file was so that I could use the background as a theme/template. Seems you have to import the file with x number of pages and use the existing pages as a template for the new presentation – seems you can’t just copy the background.

Will continue playing, but just get the feeling that nothing will be totally straight forward!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Powerpoint style app for iPad’ is closed to new replies.