Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PowerPoint question
  • secret-squirrel
    Free Member

I'm doing a presentation and have written myself notes for each slide, using the Powerpoint program. Is there a way of showing the slides full-screen for the audience while I can see my notes (but they can't)? I'm sure there is, but can't see how to do it?
    Any advice gratefully received – thanks!

clubber
    Free Member

Assuming that you have a dual screen setup (eg you can set the projector to show one thing and the laptop/computer to show another

Think this covers it:

http://www.onppt.com/ppt/article1026.html

wombat

Yes there is….. 🙂

But I can't remember how to do it. 😳

Am working from home today and I don't have Powerpoint on my home PC…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oddjob
    Free Member

You need to change the settings for the PC so that the projector and the screen on the laptop are showing different things in display settings.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Thanks for that – I have to submit the presentation in advance and use a different laptop, so will ask whether this is likely to be possible. Otherewise I'll just have to print it out instead.

avdave2

One thing to remember if you use presenter view is that animations will not appear on your laptop screen. The text will just appear once the animation has happened on the projected image. It can make you advance to far if your not used to it and think the laptop is not responding. As well as your notes you can see a preview of upcoming slides which also helps and it also makes it easier to go to any particular slide if you want to show it in response to any questions you may get.

jam-bo

print them out, learn them and put them to one side for reference if you forget what your talking about.

nothing worse than someone slavishly reciting notes from a screen or a set of printed notes.

and gives you something to work off if the projector breaks down and you have to wing it….

ScotlandTheScared

I would simply print them out and have them as backup notes. I do this for any presentation I give – be it job interview or conference presentation. I tend to find that if I have rehearsed enough I wont need the notes. But having the notes there does mean that I am less stressed about forgetting stuff.

Also, if the notes are on the screen in front of you, then you will be tempted to read off them, which can tend to make you sound rather wooden/uninteresting.

The low-tech solution is often the best IMHO…

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Thanks – I agree. Far too much hassle and better if I can maintain good eye contact rather than having the temptation to look at on screen notes too much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PowerPoint question’ is closed to new replies.