• This topic has 72 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Powerlinks – pair
  • Pook

When you order "one pair" of powerlinks, what do you expect to get?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Two plates to make one link.

Pook

really? Not 2 x complete things to make a link?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

This is what I would expect..

coffeeking
    Free Member

One pair of power links is surely 2 links (i.e. would join 2 chains). One powerlink will join one chain. Unless your seller is mistaken.

Pook

aye coffee, that's what i thought.

My seller is CRC.

TheChunk
    Free Member

It specifically says on the CRC page

"NOTE Pair means a pair like a pair of shoes, a pair of links means one complete link (2 sides)"

KINGTUT
    Free Member

**facepalm**

Pook

facepalm?

crap descriptions more likey.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i sell em in pairs …. as in 2 complete links as packaged by KMC

joemarshall
    Free Member

dotbike.com sell them in 26s, which I think is 13 links worth, and cost me £14, which given I wanted 2 links worth straight away (i.e.about £5 worth of individual links) is pretty good. I don't think I'm going to need to buy any more for a long time.

Joe

racing_ralph
    Free Member

retardation on pooks behalf imo

Pook

crap description as proven by their need to nota bene it imo.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Quoting Latin will not make you look less of a silly billy.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Definitely on pooks side here, crap description, evident due to needing to make the note. If they'd just said "link" rather than pair, I guarantee they'd have no-one asking if they really meant half and do they need two.

simondbarnes

Pook – Member

When you order "one pair" of powerlinks, what do you expect to get?

A pair of powerlinks – enough to join a chain.

Pook

Quoting Latin will not make you look less of a silly billy.

No it won't – it will describe their lack of initial clarity though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Email them, let them know of your angst.

Pook

nah, i'll be ok.

dmiller
    Free Member

Epic!

I'm guessing you mean:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=871

Where they say:
    NOTE Pair means a pair like a pair of shoes, a pair of links means one complete link (2 sides).

And they give you the choice to buy several at once for cheapness!

£1.99 for 1 pair, £3.99 for three pairs.

You really cant fault CRC here!

Also from Wiki your Latin nota bene means In present-day English, it is used to draw the attention of the reader to a certain (side) aspect or detail of the subject on hand, translating it as "pay attention" or "take notice". Which I think its safe to say CRC did.

Short of making it red and flashing what more could they do?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Guys, I have removed the note about the shoes! and I have asked the stock guys to look at the coding description as it is obvuiously causing come cofusion..

We did this if I recall as we were indeed being asked with some regularity if you got a complete link, much the same as when we are asked if pedals are sold in pairs……..

Andy.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

And I reserve the right to put it back if the questions about both sides being included start up again 😕

bigyinn
    Free Member

I ordered a powerlink from wiggle and got 1 plate. Whats the point in selling half a powerlink?

Del

LOL Andy – good work!

dmiller
    Free Member

I ordered a powerlink from wiggle and got 1 plate. Whats the point in selling half a powerlink?

Did you get free Haribo with that one and the extra one you had to buy? If so I would say thats a winner! 😀

Note to Andy – seeing as your reading this topic anyway! Wiggle get a lot of my money for the free Haribo. And the reason for this is simple – in my wifes mind the word "free" = "good value". So if I order a thing from wiggle and get something free she is happy! She is even happier when she gets the Haribo!

If CRC started giving out wine gums (her favorite) and even more exactly packs of just red wine gums (her favorite wine gums!) you would get all my custom 😉

David.

Anthony
    Free Member

CRC did give away sweets with orders in the not so distant past, around Xmas IIRC.

Lovely they were too, minty slices of rock.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

We've done sweets before, maybe we will do them again……..

bigyinn
    Free Member

dmiller, i've never had sweets from wiggle, now i feel REALLY cheated!

sockpuppet

pook – where do you buy your trousers?

how many people do you expect a pair to clothe adequately?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

One of the better threads for while.

Good work.

druidh
    Free Member

LOL – I was discussing this in the shoppe just yesterday. Our Slovakian, BMX-demon shop assistant was asking if it was correct to say "has" or "have" in connection with a(n/set of) Easton handlebar(s).

kennyNI
    Free Member

Small pack of Hariboo from wiggle, but 1 powerlink was only 1 side, luckily I ordered 3, so 1.5 really. But looks like they've changed to a pair now 🙄

hazeii
    Free Member

You'd think if you ordered a 'powerlink' you would get something usable as a 'link' – not a single sideplate! (guess who was annoyed at buying a 'link' only to get one side).

On the 'pair' thing, it's a different case to 'pair of shoes/trousers/bars' because in this case you do get two identical objects.

Drac

because in this case you do get two identical objects.

Also known as a pair.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Last time I looked my shoes weren't identical

*looks*

nope, still got a left and a right one

Drac

So your shoes aren't a set of two things?

druidh
    Free Member

A set would make more sense when discussing shoes and gloves. But we still say a pair.

Oh – and it's a pair of wheels too. Even though they've not identical.

Drac

The pair refers to them being used together as one item, a set of drinking glasses is not used as one item.

john

Just to complicate things – if you use a chaintool to remove one bit of a chain, you would probably refer to that as removing a link. You could then replace that link with a pair of powerlinks to get the same length of chain. Does that make sense? Wouldn't it make more sense to think of a power link as being composed of two halves, which together make one link? Alternatively, if you're out riding at some point with a friend who breaks a chain, offer them a powerlink to help out and see how they react when you hand over a single plate of that link.

Bloomin silly that you can actually buy just the one link (or half link?) anyway. Has anyone ever needed one link?

Or you can get KMC missing links from another online retailer that are sold as 'pack of 2', which is enough to join two chains.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Bloomin silly that you can actually buy just the one link (or half link?) anyway. Has anyone ever needed one link?

Me, I've got half of one on my work bench, I've lost the other half.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Powerlinks – pair’ is closed to new replies.