Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Powerlink….10speed SRAM
  • SiB
    Free Member

Anybody know where I can get one of the above from, I can only find 8 and 9 speed?

Never had the need for a powerlink and somebody told me SRAM were best to get for ease of use? I’m assuming a SRAM one works on a shimano chain?

druidh
    Free Member

PowerLOCK. Works OK with Shimano but (in either case) is not reusable like a Powerlink.

chakaping
    Free Member

They are called “Powerlock” I think and are non-removable.

And they cost more.

Yes apparently SRAM works on Shimano chains, but not broken my chain yet – touch wood.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I dont think they do a powerlink for 10 speed only the lock version.

the SRAM one works fine on a shimano chain

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have a 10speed mavic chain which came with something which looks like a powerlink. Re-usable. Not sure if you can buy them separately though.

uplink
    Free Member

KMC Missing link is near enough what you need
    Tight on a Shimano chain though

SiB
    Free Member

I just want something (link/lock) that I can split the chain for cleaning…..am I right in assuming that if I was to use a powerlock I would have to use a new one for each time I removed the chain as non re-usable?

Oggles
    Free Member

SRAM powerlock ones are reusable IME. Mine’s been on and off many times no issues. They just say they’re not…

mboy
    Free Member

FWIW I used a 9spd SRAM powerlink on my 10spd XT chain with full XT 30spd setup.

Works fine! No issues at all… Not saying it’s the best option, just it was all I had to hand when I needed to put the bike together quickly, and it has been ridden probably 10 times since with no issues.

Twodogs

Oggles…how did you remove it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Powerlink….10speed SRAM’ is closed to new replies.