Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Powerful brakes for alpine use. Not Avids.
  • deviant
    Free Member

Either find some second hand Saints or buy new Zees (i’d do the latter)…..180 rotors front and back set up on that should do the trick.

deadkenny
    Free Member

chilled76 – Member 
    Do they use 5.1 then?

If you mean Guides, yes they do.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Hmm. Not a lot of love on here for Hope. Firstly, I don’t get the comments about being a pain to bleed – not sure how they could be much simpler. I have generally found that the factory bleed is not always that good, so doing them when they go on the bike (yeah I know its a bit of a pain for new brakes), then once a year works fine.

Hope can feel lacking in power if you are used to the grabby nature of Shimanos because they are more progressive, but they do have plenty of stopping power once you get used to how they feel. I run Tech 3 E4’s with 203/183 on my Bronson and have just come back from a week in the Alps. Even on the biggest day with 4000m vertical descent, not a hint of fade, one finger braking and no arm pump

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Saints on both the Dh bike and trail bike, both of which have been to the Alps.

No brake problems.

Any brake with mineral oil and 4 pots will be fine though, Zees, etc.

Mate had guides this year, he had a boiling night until he bought some Zees out there. No issues the there after.

until we went to Pila in Italy, better after it was bled at lunchtime but trying to go top to bottom on a fairly steep 14.5km descent there wasn’t much happening with the back

Yep, mates guides didn’t make it to the bottom either, his Zees did later in the week though and my saints never missed a beat, until I wore them out.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Guide RSCs with 200mm centreline rotors here, with Rahox pads.

No problems whatsoever in my recent 7 days of Alpine riding. Impressive. They need a good bleed to get a firm lever but once that’s done they are spot on.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Powerful brakes for alpine use. Not Avids.’ is closed to new replies.