Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Power of stw – clutch slave on vw golf mk 5/6
  • Rich_s

Quick sense check if poss. 140k car currently in vw main dealer suspect clutch slave cylinder failure. Certainly left a big patch of fluid on the drive anyway!

Apparently cost can be up to 1600 quid depending on parts needed – particular issue is the flywheel which is c 750 if it needs replacing. Labour looking like 600-700 to strip.

Does anyone know if these sound OK price wise or any likelihood of good will from vag? Our local preferred garage is not able to take it for 2 weeks so we’re a bit stymied.

My preferred option is to get rid via trade in, swmbo wants to dither.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Dont know about the prices but the work sounds viable if it has a concentric slave cylinder.
    Need to remove box and clutch to replace it so makes sense to replace clutch while you’re in there. This then leads to replacing the flywheel which I assume is a dual mass. That’s where the expense comes from.
    Edit: quick look on ebay suggests parts cost for flywheel quoted is high. Labour will also be expensive as its a dealer. Is there a local indi that can fit you in?

carlosg
    Free Member

I was once told that DMF replacement can depend on driving style, if a car has been driven smoothly with very little hard acceleration then the DMF doesn’t wear as unevenly.my last car (Rover 75 diesel estate) had 2 clutches in it but didn’t need the DMF replacing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Power of stw – clutch slave on vw golf mk 5/6’ is closed to new replies.