Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Power meter exercises!
  • preraphalite
    Free Member

Ok, so I have a power meter, I have a fair amount of data, I Have golden Cheetah, and I’ve read Training and racing with a power meter from cover to cover.
    I still feel like theres a lot of holes in my knowledge.
    where do I go to understand it all further?
    I almost need some “practice exercises” in data analysis to be set by a clever person!
    suggestions?

molgrips
    Free Member

If you’ve read the book – what’s the problem?

You get your zones in terms of watts, and then you ride to them. 6x1m at Z6 and so on – the book should tell you what zones and how long to achieve what effect.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Trainer Road

trevorderuise
    Free Member
    rsvktm

Got a power meter last year for the road bike. Same as you used Golden Cheetah, read a few books, looked at power to weight charts etc etc
    Wanted to understand it fully, then realised it wasn’t going to happen and why did I want to know ? Was it for numbers sake or actually benefitting cycling ?
    Then got trainerroad from advice on here and It has given me far better understanding of training from identifying strenghs and weaknesses to my first proper training plans in a ‘few’ years of mtb racing and the results have been very worthwhile.
    Don’t get too caught up in the numbers, unless you enjoy that sort of thing..

LeeW

Hire a coach?

preraphalite
    Free Member

Thnaks everyone Trainer Road certainly looks interesting. I guess what I want to be able to do is identify where I’m weak by means of looking at the data.
    granted I can monitor my FTP tests and see a month on month improvement / regression. but FTP is just the start.
    its interesting to see the sts and lts charts and see that my fitness must be building but to actually break that down and determine where a weakness lies and formulate a plan to target remains guess work for me, and I don’t think it should be.
    Training is sincerely limited due to a 9 week old baby, so I want to make the most of what I have, reading books however, is do-able one handed while rocking back and forth!

Cheers again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Power meter exercises!’ is closed to new replies.