Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Powdercoating In the Oxford/Reading Area ?
  • fuzzynod

Hi looking to get my 07 Stumpjumper powdercoated any recomendations in the Reading/Oxford area (I work in Henley on Thames)
    Thanks

kayak23

A bit further up but Banbury powder coating quoted me around fifty notes to do a frame. Not gotten round to doing it yet though…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Unimet on Cardiff road in Reading, my road bikes almoat flawless and they masked all the threads as well.

http://www.unimetenamellers.co.uk

hairybiker84
    Free Member

I had my road bike done by unimet too – top job.

Andy

Any idea on pricing from Unimet please chaps? 😀

motivforz
    Free Member

Had a fairly good job done by vale powder coating in challow. £35 for frame and forks (supplied sandblasted). Couple of very small imperfections and masking pretty good but not amazing. I.e. could easily assemble but I tidied it up with taps and a stanley blade.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£50 IIRC, included blasting*.

IMO you get what you pay for, there’s probably places doing it just as well and cheeper, but it’s significantly better than the last place that charged £25. I’d use them again, mainly as they’re local so anywhere further has associated costs of having to drive there (petrol, time etc) and potential time having to clean out threads etc.

*mine was a steel frame, so unbreakable. If yours is aluminium then make sure whoever you give it to knows to use a fairly soft blasting media, grit or shot will errode through it in seonds. Or even better, find somewhere that can strip it with solvents.

Andy

Thanks Tinas and you answered my other question as well 😉

fuzzynod

Called UNi-met today all sounds good. Forgot to ask about their blasting medium do you guys who had the road bikes done know what they use? Are your road bikes alloy ?
    Cheers

hairybiker84
    Free Member

I don’t know what they use – my frame was steel.

zbonty

I use Uni-met too. They do loads of bike stuff. Powder coat was good. Enamel on the ex’s ally frame was very thin and chipped too easily.

I got my neglected Inbred done in black, rigid forks an bars in grey. £60 I think.

retrobri
    Free Member

Another vote for Unimet. I renovated an old rusty Elswick Dutch Bike for the mrs last year. The finish was excellent and makes the bike stand out.

fuzzynod

Hi just to let you guys know I eventually chose Fine Finishing in Eynsham.

http://www.finefinishing.co.uk/#
    They do all kinds of blasting with different mediums to suit the material and their powder coating is awesome and well masked up threads etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Powdercoating In the Oxford/Reading Area ?’ is closed to new replies.