Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Powdercoaters in the Manchester area that you've used?
  • hora
    Free Member

For love nor money can I find the thread on STW where it was discussed a few months ago.

Anyone used one local and recommend? Last one I used was in Wigan and prefer one nearer this time.

hora
    Free Member

Bumpy

hora
    Free Member

No one? 🙁

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hora – I used Armacoatings Ltd in Denton. Just off the M60 on a little industrial estate that you can see from the M67.

I had a Bullit done and it cost me £15!!!

The £15 price was based on them putting it in an existing run. So no real choice in colour. I got a dark grey which was nice.

They quoted me £40 to pick a colour but I went for the cheaper option as that was one of the colours I was looking at (fortunate). I think the lady there was called Karen if that's any help.

The line on the 2nd pic is a hair. Not in the powdercoat just floating around. I picked up the decals from Jungle for £25.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looks good, did they mask all the threads properly?

beagle
    Free Member

Sounds good for my CX bike. Do they do the blasting/prep as well?

hora
    Free Member

M6TTF normally you have to premask off – not a biggie. Andyhilton -ta will give them a call.

Ps. When you call them guys please dont say 'WOW THAT IS SOOOOO CHEAP!' – they will then think 'oh cyclists like paying threw the nose it seems' 😉

I paid £35 last time for my Chameleon- however its a fair old trek to Wigan!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I had to strip it so a horrible messy job with Nitromors. Removed the shock, bushings etc and they masked everything off. I thought it was a really nice job. Bullit was too small so I ended up selling it. I want another one now though 🙁

trailmoggy
    Free Member

did you use colourtech a Hindley Green Hora?

i'm due to take my Hustler and wondered what they were like

Andy

Slight hijack; Hora did you get my mail about payment for the N-Gear I sent you?

hora
    Free Member

did you use colourtech a Hindley Green Hora?

Yes. Make sure you mask off all the threads etc thow- thats the only critism. I'll post an old piccy up now.

Andy, as it not come yet? Worsecase if not with you tomorrow I'll repay over the counter when I pop into town at lunch. Sorry about this- what bank?

Andy

Ok lets sort it out via Email tomorrow please? Thanks

hora
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Andy – will do

hora
    Free Member

Also make sure the frame is as smooth as possible- no lumps or imperfections.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

oh man thats even the colour i want, whats it called?

hora
    Free Member

Kawasaki green. Hang on.

hora
    Free Member

RAL6018

nonk
    Free Member

did you have to strip the old paint off hora or did you just tidy up the rough bits?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

beltin

RustyNissanPrairie

There's a good coaters in Haslingden/Rossendale that I've used 3 or 4 times for frames-might be a bit far though if your central Manchester.

hora
    Free Member

did you have to strip the old paint off hora or did you just tidy up the rough bits?

I stripped it myself. TBH I thought they would cover all the bits off (why would they?)

Rusty- Im after the specific colour RAL5018 so dont mind abit of a travel tbh- Quite a few that I've called say its a special order item only and they'd need to order in 5kg's (£11kg first).

Do you have the contact details for yours?

RustyNissanPrairie

Hora;
    http://www.moto-coat.co.uk/services.htm

Had both of my Brooklyn's coated there and the finish was like glass.
    £35 for the hardtail, and £65 for the Racelink front & swingarm, brake arm, and a pair of Profile cranks. All masked properly-they're used to dealing with motorbike parts.

Had them both done in black didnt ask about one off colours.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

You really want it anodising. Worth the extra

hora
    Free Member

Rusty- contacted. My Santa cruz is anodised. Its a bugger to clean properly.

hora
    Free Member

http://www.moto-coat.co.uk/services.htm

Am going with these guys- thanks Rusty 🙂

I'll post up the results in a week or two.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Looks good Hora. how much did they quote?

hora
    Free Member

30-40quid. Im going to strip it myself to speed up the process.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Powdercoaters in the Manchester area that you've used?’ is closed to new replies.