Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • powdercoaters in devon or nearby who do a nice job and mask properly?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

I’m in exeter but not so impressed with the local P/Cers attitude as when inquiring they weren’t really helpful in answering questions and didn’t seem v interested. Probably got bigger fish to fry.
    Looking for a decent job at a fair price with attention to detail ie masking properly.
    any recommendations much appreciated
    thanks in advance
    Bill

kaiser
    Free Member

on further searching seems like the local 1st choice finishes do do a good job despite the chavvy **** at the counter!

juanghia
    Free Member

1st Choice up Pinhoe way

They’ve always been regarded on the VW scene for alloys etc couldn’t vouch for them on bike frames.

Though with powder coating it’s less about finesse rather a bish bosh one colour there you go sort of thing…If it’s attention to detail and fine masking you’re better off with a spray job?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    juanghia
    Free Member

LOL, in the time I took to write my reply no less!

amedias
    Free Member

+1 for 1st choice, had server sl frames done by them over the years, all decent quality work and reasonably priced.

kaiser
    Free Member

got a fair few threads etc that need masking ( bikepacking fork) and don’t want to have to spend ages with a tap cleaning them out

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I spoke to first choice last week. Dip and strip, plus powder coat of my choice, 140 outside price, probably closer to 100.

kaiser
    Free Member

Funny that ..they quoted me £50 ( not sure what for!) just asked about powdercoating a frame/fork in plain colour.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I reckon you’ve got a powder coat price there using colours they have in stock. I was quite specific.

tjagain

Kaiser – just put old bolts in the threads?

revs1972
    Free Member

As above… put bolts / old btm brkt etc in
    I can’t for the life remember where I got them from , but I asked for samples of heat resistant tapes.
    Mask the bits yourself so you know it’s done properly

revs1972
    Free Member

Revill up by the airport was another one, but I don’t know if they are still there.
    I use rightangle down in Hatherleigh for my industrial stuff

kaiser
    Free Member

If you put old bolts in and they spray the lot then when you take them out don’t you risk cracking the powder coat and perhaps ripping a bit off with it…guess you could leave them a bit proud then cut round before removal with a dremel disk?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘powdercoaters in devon or nearby who do a nice job and mask properly?’ is closed to new replies.