• This topic has 34 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by xico.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Powdercoat colours – show us yours
  • Rik
    Free Member

I know it’s been done before but a lots of the older posts you find when you search half the photos don’t show.

Looking for colour inspiration for my new hardtail :0)

If you know it can you list the RAL number please.

Rik
    Free Member

Greens, blues and maybe white would be good to see

binners

RAL 5017 or as I prefer to call it… Gregg’s Blue 😀

Rik
    Free Member

Like that blue – plus it looks lighter shade than the RAL colour chart

gummikuh

Just go here for inspiration.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/

They will ship to the UK.

tmb467
    Free Member
    Rik
    Free Member

Oooooo…..nice Starling, nearly ordered one of those.

Like the colour too, I was thinking along those lines but 5003 – gloss Ultramarine blue

teamslug
    Free Member

If you settle on a colour and want a sample panel coating before making your final choice let me know and i’ll post one out for you. We have both 5012 and 5003. Got a couple of lovely greens too.

This is Pantone 382. A special we had made for Paul Smith shirts. Looked really good but I need full suspension!!.
    Email is in profile.

Rik
    Free Member

That soul looks lovely – what’s the closest RAL colour to that?

falkirk-mark

Picked up this morning from Pentland powdercoaters, Metllic black was a gloss black Kuwahara Shasta will build it up this week

kamenev
    Free Member

On the topic of powdercoating where is the go to place for powdercoating bikes? I know local places can be a bit hit or miss.

Amourtex in Hackney seem to come up when I google bicycles and powdercoating.

teamslug
    Free Member

There is nothing on the ral chart that is as ‘green’. I could post you a kilo of powder and you could take it along to your local coater. Sounds like drug deal!!!!.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Not sure on the RAL, its candy apple red.

Think its a silver base with red clear over the top.

Done by LSN in Castleford, very impressed for the cost.

mick_r

Stick the RAL number of interest into google images – that usually gives lots of real world examples rather than colour charts.

Teamslug – do you run any kind of zinc phosphate pre treatment dip tanks? I’ve got a frame build coming up that needs good protection inside the tubes. I’m a bit stuck with local places – the worst firms (at applying the powder) have the full pre-treatment system, whilst the best coaters only do a phosphate outer prime.

teamslug
    Free Member

Mick r. We have a pretreatment spray system that runs on a zirconium titanium phosphate. It’s not as heavy a coat as a zinc phosphate and we use it to pretreat Ali as well as steel. It’s a spray system but it drops the solution into the bottom of the chamber so sometimes we use submerge bits in it too. Happy to dunk for you. Pretty quick and easy to do.its a pretty new thing and the coating is pretty light. I can ask my supplier if I can use it over strength for a thicker coat if you like. ( still only going to be a few microns)

T666DOM

RAL 6018 with twilight glitter in the clear coat. Had my daughters bike coated with my fatty, pink tyres now gone from mine!

Had it done at Bettablast near Newcastle, great job & finish

kayak23

Kawasaki green

Saccades
    Free Member

Non stick pan

dukeduvet

Slight thread hijack, Falkirk mark how much was Pentland powder coating for the job and how is the quality?

stevenk4563
    Free Member

FWIW teamslug did my 456 in that green up there, turned out very nice indeed.

Almost tempted to get my Mega done in the same colour.

teamslug
    Free Member

Cheers, Glad you were happy. Don’t like to push because we are more of an industrial size coaters who’ll do the occasional bike etc. When I’m v. busy bigger customers have to take precedent and wouldn’t want to let anyone on here down or I’ll get slaughtered. Happy to help where I can. 😀

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The Liteville website has a page showing masses of RAL colour frames. Sorry, don’t have a link.

OCB
    Free Member

Silver basecoat, acid green/yellow ‘clearcoat’ over the top.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

damn your greens. Safety orange complete with Northwinds angleset headset

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers for all the suggestions guys.

Still loving ‘that’ green.

Rik
    Free Member

Where anouts you based teamslug?

teamslug
    Free Member

Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Rik
    Free Member

Oooo…..just up the road. How much do you charge for a hardtail frame?

teamslug
    Free Member

To you £35.00?. Sent an email to your profile address. Cheers

Rik
    Free Member

Cool I’ll be in touch when the frames been made. As its steel could you ZP coat it too?

teamslug
    Free Member

Yes no problem. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers

Rik
    Free Member

😀

renton
    Free Member

Teamslug….. How much for a large full suss frame ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Telemegenta

xico
    Free Member

Black for my powdercoat at Triple S in Bingley. My bike is covered in mud half the time so why would I need a special colour, and any stone chips can be easily fixed without any colour matching issues.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Powdercoat colours – show us yours’ is closed to new replies.