Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Powder coating forks
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Am looking at getting my Maverick sc's powder coated, does the collective experiances of stw forsee any problems with this? Am thinking of the heat used to 'cure' the powdercoat might damage/distort the legs or bushes. 😕

rootes1

best to strip the forks completely, you will need to anyhow due to the cleaning process prior to coating

thepodge
    Free Member

Are they magnesium?

If so, it can't be done

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bushings will need removing beforehand or at least replacing afterwards which is probably cost effective.

I've no idea what effect the heat has on the bonding betweent he crown and the uppers and steerer.

Might be a lot cheeper to take the seals out yourself and send them to Argos for painting?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

They are alu, mmm might be a better idea to get em shot blasted and then wet painted?

rootes1

shot blasted

erm no.. shot blasting will obliterate them :lol:. Glass bead / crush walnut media is used instead of shot..

why don't you email maverick and ask their opinion?

tinsy
    Free Member

Dont have them media blasted, your just laying yourself open for headache after headache there.

Be a lot less invasive to just take them to a spray shop, rub them down fill any nicks and just have them sprayed, wont be as durable a finish I guess but will be OK.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Perhaps I'll just go and get a can of hammerite and do it myself 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Nice.. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Powder coating forks’ is closed to new replies.