Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Powder coating Devon???
  • barnes95
    Free Member

Has anyone had a frame or any other bits powder coated in Devon? I’ve had two quotes from some shops in Plymouth and they have said £140 and £160 which seems pretty high for a hardtail..

Any info would be great! Thanks in advance

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure there’s someone in the Crediton area that used to do a good job for less than that.

Sidwell Cycles used them in the past. Not sure who they are though.
    I seem to remember them saying a BMX was around £50.

slugwash
    Free Member

Wings near Totnes has been used by several STWers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coomber
    Free Member

The one near Collumpton I wouldn’t touch. (ICS Poweder Coating). Uneven finish, poor sandblasting of paint so it showed through, blobs of paint etc. They wouldnt do anything about it when I complained and just said “we are industrial what did you expect”.

First choice in Exeter on the other hand are superb. Would recommend them 100%. They will be between £60-£90 depending on what you have done. http://www.1stchoicefinishes.co.uk/

superstu
    Free Member

I’d second first choice. Just did an Inbred frame for me including sandblast for £50, very recent job.

julioflo
    Free Member

I’ll 3rd 1st Choice Finishers in Exeter. Haven’t any experience of them powder coating bike frames. But I use them for our business and they are great. Always a few bikes frames being coated when I pop in.

amedias
    Free Member

+2 for first choice, have done a few for me and been great!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Powder coating Devon???’ is closed to new replies.