Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Powder coating around Manchester
  • m1ateusz
    Free Member

hi, can someone recommend me good powder coating company around Manchester? Someone who know what they’re doing
    cheers

matther01
    Free Member

Try Ashtonpowderingcompany…did an ace job on a cotic soul in oyster white. Look for the thread on here. Think you may need to get it lacquered elsewhere though, but the powdering was only £30 or something.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Check out Mirror Finishing on facebook it’s a bmx’er called Ben who is doing some great frame paints lately.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    isitafox
    Free Member

I use http://www.stockportpowdercoating.com, the guy who does it is a proper perfectionist and does a really great job. Ended up coating my last frame 3 times before he was happy with the outcome!

ryderredman
    Free Member

To throw another spanner in the works, I used Gary Bevan coatings in Glossop. They do hundreds a year apparently. I never got mine lacquered afterwards like I promised myself :O. They did an ace job on the powder coating.

m1ateusz
    Free Member

a little update.
    I decided to go to Chicago Powder Coating in Mossley, had a couple good reviews, and are not too far from me.
    Went there Monday, last week, the shop look awful, rubbish everywhere, wheels, frames etc scattered all over the place. But I thought I give them a chance. I was told it will take 1 week or less, depends on how busy they get. Quote £30 for striping old paint, powder coat and clear lacquer (powder as well). Good price.
    I gave them a call on following Friday, asking how’s my frame. Guy told me it’ll be ready for Monday or Tuesday, they’ll ring me when ready.
    Wednesday came and no phone call, so I called them. Was told that it’ll be ready on Thursday or Friday, no sorry no nothing.
    Again did not get any call from them, so I called them today afternoon. Frame was still not ready. I got really pissed off. Went there and took my frame.
    Went straight to Stockport Powder Coating. £50 for the job, but I was assured that it’ll be done on Wednesday. So fingers crossed, as on Monday 28th I am going to 7stanes.

isitafox
    Free Member

Good choice, the only way it won’t be done is if the owner isn’t happy with the finish. I had the same problem as you with Gary Bevan in Glossop, will never ever go there again. Even had small spots he’d missed!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Powder coating around Manchester’ is closed to new replies.