Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Powder coaters/painters in the North East
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere I could get a set of rigid forks painted or coated in NE Eengland? Ideally Tyneside/dale area

dickydutch

There is a place at Blackhill near consett at the old forge. Cant remember its name though.
    Ive used Bettablast near Shiremoor who were good but now seemingly quite expensive. Also quite a way from Tynedale. If youre after tynedale specifically, use Tynedale Powder Coating at the Acomb Ind Est just off the A69. No idea on price though…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m in Hexham, so Acomb is ideal, but I can’t find a phone number for Tyndale. So I was wondering if they didn’t exist any more.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Bettablast in Shiremoor, Newcastle are good for powder coating. A huge choice of colours.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

nodrog2: have you used bettablast?

jonba
    Free Member

Another vote for bettablast.

Was fairly cheap when I went years ago. Stripped, masked and painted. Was really happy with the finish and prep which meant I had trouble with threads etc. being coated.

Good selection of colours from various systems and proper samples on curved pipes and steel so you can see what you get.

I’m heading in to Betta blast next week. Prices seem reasonable, about £35 for a ht frame. I may go for a primer and a lacquer also which bumps up cost a bit. Would be £84 with primer and as well but as frame is phosphated before coating primer is not really required so knock £24 off.

Can give feedback in a week or so but they’ve been great to deal with so far.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

emailed Betta for a price on forks.
    Wondering about matt black finish…

nodrog2
    Free Member

ir_bandito, yes I’ve used Bettablast before. It’s been a while since I used them but have got good results from them in the past. Had both steel HT frames and Alu full Sus frames done there. I think it’s about £35 an item these days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Powder coaters/painters in the North East’ is closed to new replies.