Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Potty training
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Never been so happy to see a bowl of piss and some dry knickers in my life.

yunki
    Free Member

been having trouble Mol?

anagallis_arvensis

Wait until the joy of seeing a big shit too!!!!

D0NK

🙂
    wait for the backtracking before celebrating too much tho. Both ours seemed to have it cracked then reverted to having accidents for a while, especially at nursery but other times when fun stuff was going on and sometimes they just seemed to forget about it.

Youngest still not managing dry nights yet but won’t be long now

Freester

I’ve got a 3 year old who just isn’t interested. This will be a joy for me when we get there.

jfletch
    Free Member

You’d be amazed at the size of the turds a 3yo can produce.

After 3 years of shitty nappy’s I’m pretty hardend to it but there is something about the act of tipping a sticky log out of a potty that makes me want to gag.

Urg!

prezet
    Free Member

My 2.5 year old loves the potty – have plenty of false alarms. Just make a big deal out of it when they do use it (high 5’s all round, lots of praise and cuddles).

Now she’s fascinated by poo, and every 10 minutes wants to try for another 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah she’s not been very good at it so far. 2 months short of her third birthday. We’ve tried and half the time she emptied half a bladder on the floor, and the rest of the time a whole one. She’s just not that bothered by consequences, and she enjoys being the baby so you can’t really use the ‘big girl’ schtick.

Problem is she has to be good at it by September as she’s supposed to be going to nursery – and we’re going to be 3 weeks at the in-laws a month before that, which is going to disrupt it.

We do make a fuss of course, but I’m not sure that’s that productive as she gets down on herself when she fails and that creates resistance to the whole idea.

prezet
    Free Member

Create fuss even when it doesn’t happen… we just say something like “Oh no! no poo this time. High 5 for trying though.”

I know it might be odd, but maybe get her to sit on her potty while one of you is also going to the loo. Children love to replicate what their parents are doing. Get them to do things like help flush the loo, or pour the wee into the toilet.

willjones
    Free Member

Problem is she has to be good at it by September as she’s supposed to be going to nursery”

Sister in Law’s approach made me chuckle: Off to nursery in pants and they miraculously come back potty trained. My ‘really?!’ response met with ‘well what the hell do you think I pay them for…’

yunki
    Free Member

our first kid we just told him – Say son, that’s where you’re gonna be weeing and pooing now..

he just shrugged and was like – ok (he went on to delight in describing what shape poo he’d created.. Dad, I’ve just made a giant beanstalk that’s growing over the side of the potty.. that was a proud moment 🙂 )

our second (now 28 months) we have been trying on and off for the past year..
    we never pushed it at all.. just suggested it occasionally, made a fuss when it worked out well.. often the potty wouldn’t get a mention for weeks or sometimes months..

We sent him to nursery in pants a few weeks back, they sent him home dry with no problems, one or two wet episodes the first day or two and one massive sticky shitty mess and that was that.. dry since, although I am concerned that he’ll use it as a weapon at some point because he’s a bit of a sod like like that!

The key for us has definitely been not making a drama about it in any way shape or form

D0NK

Off to nursery in pants and they miraculously come back potty trained

youngest was fine at home for months before he could manage a full dry day at nursery, whether that’s coz they were rubbish at taking him to the toilet or he was too busy having fun to remember about toilets, I don’t know. Did get a lot of pissy trousers/pants/socks sent home in nappy sacks – don’t (let your wife) leave them in the car over a sunny weekend is all I can say.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep, done all that.

yunki
    Free Member

cattle prod then innit

BlindMelon
    Free Member

We tried the pull up nappies for a while and it seemed to confuse our son. I was off for a week and thought we would try pants.
    Day 1 – puddles everywhere, 4 at one time in the living room was the record
    Day 2 – 2 puddles in bathroom, rest of time fine
    Day 3 – Couple of dribbles before asking to go
    Day 4 and onwards generally very good including poos. He will only go on the toilet though and will not use a potty.

emsz
    Free Member

Sweeties

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not complaing btw.. just saying. It’s a little early for her tbh, I think time is the best tactic, but as I said she needs to get the hang of it now really.

Scamper
    Free Member

Number 1’s are no problem with our 2.5 yr old, its the richards he seems less keen to use the potty for. Sneaking away to a quiet corner of the house to fill his pants then come back asking for “poo daddy, choc choc please” isn’t quite how the reward system is supposed to work.

yunki
    Free Member

Have you tried much nudey time..?

Just let ’em run about a bit (pref outside if you’re houseproud) don’t supervise too closely, have the potty around and accessible

son number one although potty trained to perfection within a week still hasn’t really grown out of nudey time at nearly 5yo though 😆

prawny

Older boy took no time at all 1s and 2s.

The daughter got 1s sorted pretty quicky but 2s fk me it’s been a battle. she’s nearly 4 1/2 now and still barely a day goes by without some heavy soiling.

I’m used to it now, I assume she’ll stop before she gets married.

Edukator
    Free Member

Any ideas for house training a 16 year old?

Having been reminded of house rules which include turning things off that aren’t in use only this morning, the hum of an amplifier greeted me as I walked in after his lunchtime break.

Two TVs
    Amp
    sat box
    cable TV box
    belt-driven turntable still going round
    pre-amp
    headphone base unit

Another half dozen appliances were plugged in but he had at least switched them off. And this after I’ve plugged all but the guitar amps into socket blocks so it’s possible to switch off almost everything except the ADSL box with just two switches.

He’ll find the stuff he didn’t wash up in his bed later. On the bright side he had shut the fridge door and locked the house up.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I’m used to it now, I assume she’ll stop before she gets married.

I was hopeing that would happen with my wife….

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get them used to using the toilet straight away.. it cuts out one of the things you have to wipe child poo off. Why train a child to sit in the lounge watching Peppa Pig whilst taking a dump??

razorrazoo

Call it lazy, but just waited until both ours were ready for it (I reckon somewhere around 2.5 years old). Tried before then with the eldest and gave up after about 48 hours of sopping wet pants. Both cracked it immediately with minimum fuss and zero number 2 incidents, suppose we must be lucky, but the girls make up for it in other areas 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

He’ll find the stuff he didn’t wash up in his bed later

To train him in washing up, get rid of all your crockery except for personal sets – one bowl, 2 plates each, and you can only use your own.

Call it lazy, but just waited until both ours were ready for it (I reckon somewhere around 2.5 years old)

I reckon doing it too early is most people’s problem. Our eldest was almost 3.5 before she did it, and only a handful of accidents ever.

Harry_the_Spider

You’d be amazed at the size of the turds a 3yo can produce.

You’re not wrong there. Both of mine shit like Israeli paratroopers.

crankboy
    Free Member

How do Israeli paratroopers shit?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Gina fords potty training in a week….. It’s hardcore but apparently works (didn’t need it for our first) but just about to start with the twins!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Silent but deadly.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Seriously???

My 14 month old has been on the potty since she could sit up, basically every time she was changed she got sat on it (stopping her crawling away is a bonus). Within the last couple of months she’s been asking to go when she needs to and there’s been a few days where she’s kept the same dry nappy all day.

Nights are a different story but you gotta be realistic. Can count in one hand how many times she’s crapped herself in that time as well.

Can only assume that it’s because she’s in proper nappies and doesn’t like being wet, she only ever wears disposables to go out with and even then she tries not to wet herself.

pictonroad

Kids are different shocker.

Travis

My lad when he was 2 1/2 just said one day he didn’t want a nappy, and just changed to the potty, just like that.
    No accidents, nothing.

He’s sister though, she’s 2 1/2 and she looks at the potty if it’s the most disgusting thing in the world. I think we may have some issues here.

My lad the other day came running out of the bathroom and shouted… “Dad, my pooh is a big as a Monster”
    Funny as anything, I love their imagination.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously what?

Harry_the_Spider

Seriously, when you look at the turds that my 4 year old daughter can mint you would think that they came from a 15 stone hairy arsed special forces type who had spent too long on rations.

Nasty.

BTW. Kids stop crapping in their nappies when [u]they[/I][/u] want to.

m0rk
    Free Member

Interesting timing of this thread, I read it at about 8am this morning and my 2.5yr old decided about 30 mins later she wanted a ‘wee on toilet’ followed by ‘poo on toilet’ for the first time.

So she now has 14 stars on a quickly knocked up chart to ‘celebrate’ her successes. Bit nervous about letting her run too free… The house is only a week old.

anagallis_arvensis

Gina **** Ford, I would happily skin that **** alive….. “But anagallis junior should be sleeping now according to this book”. “**** give me that book I’m burning it”.

Kids are all different.

m0rk
    Free Member

I remember reading a bit about the Gina Ford method.

No way were we organised enough to schedule nap and food and everything else. Winged it.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

It’s a bit late now, but I started reading pirate pete’s potty training book to my boys from about 12m old. Within a few weeks past there 2nd birthday, they were both sorted on 1’s and 2’s. The younger one had a lot more accidents, and not going through the night yet, but not 3 yet, so still time yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t push it, personally, I’d let her do it in her own time – only trying to persuade her now coz of the impending deadline.

Two clean days but today she asked to go on the potty whilst they were out walking at Cwmcarn. Going on the grass seems to be a step too far currently, apparently her knickers represent a safe comfortable option 🙂

Her older sister considers it a treat to be allowed to piss on the grass, for some reason. Even better if it’s by the roadside.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gina **** Ford, I would happily skin that **** alive….. “But anagallis junior should be sleeping now according to this book”. “**** give me that book I’m burning it”.

😆

Say what you mean a_a why don’t you. (you’re not wrong though.)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Potty training’ is closed to new replies.